thirty eight

"It's true. I loved her and I still do. I know it was cowardly of me to not tell her about the bet by myself but how could I have when I felt so embarrassed under my skin to utter it. So I thought, I hoped that it's all okay until she won't know. I didn't even know that she knows about the freaking bet uptil now. That's why I couldn't comprehend the hate she have for me when I had told her to wait for me. " Manik was in tears by now. He just wished how good it had been if they were any normal couple who date and then get married unlike their distorted love life which seemed to always go backwards in the pit of trouble only.

"What? But why did you asked her to wait?" Aryanman asked confused not getting it.

"It wasn't like I wanted to. But I had to leave." Manik clenched his fist feeling furious at the memory.

Manik really couldn't pinpoint how his life had come to this point from having to find Nandini bump into him out of nowhere to this messed up love - hate relationship. It was just so weird that he didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his freaking life.

** manik's pov **

The conversation between I and Aryanman seemed endless as somehow we both were hurt and could relate to one another. Sure not completely but to a good extent we could empathise to each other. My eyes got heavy due to exhaustion that I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.

Knock!!

Knock!!

I groaned when I heard the anxious knocking at the door. When I opened my eyes lazily while cursing the person whoever dared to wake me up when I didn't get to have proper sleep for obvious reasons. I found Aryanman already up and he walked to open the door. The moment he turned the knob Soha came inside in a rush when she eyes fell at me she almost doubled over in shock.

"What the fuck- You aren't ready?! Damn you lazy ass get up will ya!!" Soha yelled at me, to be honest scaring shit out of me. Because trust me you wouldn't want to face a pissed Soha, that's damn scary.

"For wha- Shoot today is the marriage. Damn damn damn." I sprung out of the bed and hurried over to talk my towel and clothes to get ready while Soha was shooting daggers at me and Aryanman was combing his hair. He was already all dressed up while I still had to have a bath and what not.

Cold water ran down my body waking every present cell of me. My mind still was a mess and occupied by everything and anything that had happened yesterday. Indeed it had been long and agonising day. But for now he had no time to dwell so he quickly take the shower and got changed in cream tuxedo. Styling his hair slight he tried to look as nice as he could to mask his defeated self behind it. He couldn't afford to get the mood all gloomy for others not at the wedding day.

You can do this Manik.

I tried to cheer up myself. I stretched my lips into a smile, fake as hell as I practiced to keep my act together and when I felt like I was finally ready to head out I inhaled a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves and walked out of the room to follow Aryanman and Soha. They were already in the open area. Soha indulged in attending guests while Aryanman was helping Nandini in completing the final decoration and go for a last check.

My eyes were stuck at her. Nandini was looking so ethereal in that light yellow lehenga it was impossible to take my eyes off her. I was so dumbfounded at the moment that I stayed at my place staring at her enchanting smile which never failed to hold me capital, her eyes enhanced and mysterious as the khol made her eyes a cage for me to keep drawning in them while my feet stayed unmoved. Boldly gawking at her. I feared that I might be drooling at her sight which would have been pretty embarrassing, luckily I wasn't.