eighteen

Cabir dragged aryamna with him no matter how much nandini tired to protest, aryaman gave nandini a puppy look and she chuckled at his cute expression.

" nandini, would you mind dancing with me? " and nandini's jaw dropped as manik forwarded his hand.

Nandini stared at manik with open mouth with shocked eyes but manik's constant intent gaze pulled her out of the trauma. She cleared her throat and fetch some words. She grabbed a glass of cold drink from the waiter who was passing by her.

" sorry. But no sir." and nandini took a seep keeping her casual act.

" sir....??" there was no also which manik was worried about but nandini being so formal in front of him overpowered the hurt of rejection.

" yes, Manik Malhotra Sir. Excuse me I need to find my date. " manik got sad, nandini saw the hurt flashed in manik's eyes but she had to do it. And nandini started to walk away to find aryaman.

But manik was quick, he held her wrist before she could go and pulled a towards himself and nandini crashed with his chest. The lighting was dim in the hall and wasn't sufficient to see anything and besides most of the people were more drunk than to care about the closeness of manik and nandini.

Nandini's breath hitched at the proximity and she inhaled sharply. Manik traced the length of her shoulder with his cold hand and she closed her eyes in anticipation.

" manik leave me." nandini managed to say the words in a raspy voice and manik smiled at the effect he had on her.

" date? You mean aryaman that caveman." manik said while brushing his nose at her ear, giving her goosebumps. Turing her to face him and then manik took few steps back to create some distance between them cause he knew he would continue doing this them he won't be able to think straight.

" yes aryaman, and he isn't a cavecame. He... He is... Nice." nandini retorted with irritation but she didn't get what was irritating her more the fact that manik still had an effect on her or the fact he just insulated aryaman.

" Hahaha.. Yeah and the best word you got to describe your date is Nice. "manik mocked nandini and laughed.

" yeah he is nice... Not.. Just... Just nice.. But.. He is handsome, kind, hardworking and everything a perfect guy would have. " nandini said with a proud smirk.

" yeah believe. " and with this manik started to drag nandini with him.

"what the hell, leave my hand manik. Where are you taking me." nandini asked while struggling to come out of his hold but it was futile. He was strong and she knew there was noway of trying so lastly she gave up.

" to the dance floor." manik yelled a little so nandini could hear him above music.

" but why? " nandini gave him a pointed look.

" to bake cookies. Don't act dumb nandini. To dance, obviously nandini." and manik stopped when they reached at the dance floor but didn't leave her hand.

" and what made you think, I will dance with you when I just had said no." frustration was clear in nandini's voice but manik didn't budge.

" cause like you said, I am your boss. Sir right. So now follow my order and dance with me then I will let you go to that caveman. "manik stated and nandini's eyes went wide.

** nandini's pov **

I felt like killing Manik for blackmailing me. How could he do this, well like the monster he was, he could do anything. So I shouldn't be surprising me but it did anyway. I wanted to yell and tell him to mind his own business but I couldn't. Right now we were standing on the dance floor with many other people and I didn't want to create any scene in front of them. Manik and his stubbornness, and I had to surrender.