Rumors Lead To Nothing Good

Um, the title i have for this... flashbacks to when the school thought I was in a threesome with my best friends bc we gave each other piggyback rides in the hallway...

all jokes aside though, MAJORRRRR TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER. PANIC ATTACKS AND MENTIONS OF PHYSICAL/SEXUAL ABUSE.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Harry was pissed. For the entire period of Potions, no one bothered to lower their voices or show that they weren't talking behind his back.

Rumors were all piling because of that day in the Great Hall. People were starting to believe he was joining the side of dark forces just because he let loose that aura of magic during the incident. Him coming out saying that he had befriended Slytherins didn't help his situation either.

Though he wouldn't say he regretted their decision. He and his friends couldn't stay hidden in the shadows forever.

"Harry, we're going to have to add the moonstone soon, have you finished powdering them yet?" Blaise asked.

Harry, hearing his name, snapped out of his trance, looked up at Blaise, then the tone mortar, and then back up.

His moonstones were powdered to crisp, Harry noticed when he peered over. They shone bright, creating a light for themselves, and resembled a color mostly to silk.

"Uh, yeah, pretty much."

"Nice, we need to add 3 teaspoons of i-"

"2."

"Hmm?"

"2 teaspoons."

"But my book says three," Blaise stated, sliding his Potions book from his side of the table to the middle. A few inches away from it sat their cauldron, flame set to low. Their cauldron held a deep purple colored liquid.

"Trust me, it's two," Harry replied smoothly, taking a quick glance at the Half-Blood Princes' notes to see if he read it correctly.

Blaise shot Harry a look. "Whatever, class has been boring. It'll be more interesting if you screw this up."

"Blaise, we literally have people from the past with us." He now held a teaspoon of powdered moonstone. He leveled and took out the excess with his knife.

Holding 5 fingers on his left hand and leveling his right hand over the steam of the potion, he started counting down.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

And he added the first teaspoon. Blaise mixed the potion. After another five seconds, Harry added in the second teaspoon. Blaise stopped mixing to look over at his book.

"Let the potion sit for 15 seconds on the low flame. After that's finished, we mix clockwise for 30 seconds. Once the 30 seconds are over, mix again for 30 seconds counter-clockwise. Repeat those two steps again," Blaise read.

"We have 10 seconds before we mix again. Which way is clockwise?"

"Mix to your right."

Harry nodded and looked at the clock, holding 5 fingers on his left hand, right hand on the ladle. The clock had gotten to 5 seconds by now, and Harry counted down on his fingers once again.

The two had finished the mixing steps and were now on the last part.

"The potion should now be a navy blue color," Blaise peered over the potion and confirmed it true before continuing, "and after sitting for 3 minutes, it should turn to an ocean blue. Make sure to keep the flame on high."