We Didn't Start the Fire

Potions was going surprisingly well. The entire class was working on making Amortentia. James, Sirius, and Remus were the only group of three; they were doing decent in their work. 

Draco and Harry, without a doubt, were partners as well. They were currently arguing on how powder the moonstone. Harry was certain that he was crushing it properly while Draco was laughing about how the powder wasn't powder. 

"Love, you're doing this wrong," Draco chuckled, trying to grab the pestle out of Harry's hands. 

"Nope," Harry said, sliding the motar to the side, "I got this." 

"Fine. Let me teach you how to use that properly then," Draco replied. Harry shrugged as he allowed the other boy to adjust his hands. 

"Right, so remember, one hand should be placed on the pestle and the other should be placed on the motar. This way, you've got a grip while crushing the moonstone, right? Okay, now you wanna kinda move your hands like this — yup, there you go. You've got it." 

Harry smiled brightly as he learned the proper technique. Once he was done making sure the moonstone was crushed fine, he handed it to Draco, who began adding it into the potion. 

"Love, can you read the next step?" Draco asked as he measured the powder. 

"Sure," Harry said. He looked up at the chalkboard and squinted as he tried to read. "I'll be right back." 

Harry then got up and went to the front of the room to read the next few instructions up close. Draco was confused for a second, wondering what the boy was even doing, before he realized something. He scolded himself for not realizing sooner.  

Harry rand back to the blond, starting to say, "Right, so after this, you're going to wait for two-" 

"Harry," Draco said, causing the other boy to stop his sentence. 

"Hmm?" 

"Can you see the board?" 

"What do you mean? Of course I can," Harry replied, confused with what the blond was asking. 

"No, like, can you read what's on the board?" 

"If I walk up close, yeah."

Draco shook his head. "Can you read from here? Or is it blurry?" 

"I mean, it's kinda blurry. But it's nothing I can't handle, y'know?" 

"Oh my Merlin. Harry, are you telling me that you've been coming to class everyday without being able to see what's on the board?" Draco asked. 

"Well, that's not what I sa-"

"Can you even see me?" The blond was standing around four or five inches away from the ravenette.

"...yes?" Harry replied, but it came off more as a question. 

Draco sighed, turning down the flames. "Your hesitance to answer says enough. And the fact that you are clearly squinting right now. I'm gonna ask Hermione if there's anything we can do for this. How do you guys do this stuff in the muggle world?" 

Harry shifted his weight on each foot. "Well, I think I last went when I was eight, but I'm not sure. Usually we go to this eye doctor person. I forgot what they're called, but they would check your eyes with letters and machines. I didn't think I'd have to go back after that one visit. And Dudley never wore glasses, so I never got his hand-me-downs." 

"Wait, let me get this straight. You haven't been to an eye doctor person since you were eight?"

"Again, maybe. Never knew my age."