A Gryffindor Party + Fluff!

Just a short filler chapter for you guys since I don't think I'll be able to update much soon. School applications come out and those are a pain in the ass yk? (ENJOY THE FLUFF BTW, THOUGHT I LET YOU GUYS SUFFER FOR FAR TOO LONG)

Disclaimer: underage drinking? Idk the legal age for drinking in the UK

An eventful week had passed since the incident with Snape. Harry had avoided leaving the Gryffindor Common Room unless it was for classes. If anything got too overwhelming in there, he would just retreat to either the boys' dorm — they knew better than to talk behind Harry's back — or the Astronomy Tower.

The students at Hogwarts had gotten to his nerves, so he decided to lay low for a while until the wildfire of rumors calmed down.

It wasn't as bad as he expected it to be, though. The Marauders were literally the life of the party even when there was no party.

His life wasn't all that calming, and spending those days in the dorm room was the most relaxed he had been, mentally and physically. They told stories about their days at Hogwarts, pranks they pulled, James horrendous failure at getting a girl, different detentions for different stupid reasons — honestly, the list was ever-growing.

Harry enjoyed every second of it, and he could tell the other boys did too. Neville especially.

It had only occurred to Harry that Neville's parents had been friends with both of the other boys' parents. Hearing about their past must have touched his heart in some way, hearing how happy everyone was back then, blinded to the upcoming future that bestowed upon them.

He remembered Neville leaving for the bathroom after the Marauders had finished telling their little story about Frank and Alice, tears rimming his eyes as they threatened to pour as his face held a small smile.

Speaking of Frank, James had mentioned he was a major quidditch fan. That led to a conversation where Harry remembered that his dad was a Chaser, exactly what he was looking for.

After checking out his compatibility with the other two Chasers, and then with the rest of the team, he approved then held a quick last minute practice session.

Voices had clamored over each other when both Harry and James were introduced to the field during the game. Both Potters, father and son, were playing on the same team, at the same time, and they were both legends at the sport.

Not only that, but the entire school knew how the Gryffindor team had amazing teamwork as soon as Harry joined the team; it was probably the only reason they began winning.

And even though Ron hadn't been confident in himself before the game (it took a lot of convincing from Harry, maybe even a little "illegal" action that made Hermione frown and shake her head), Gryffindor won.

Now, the entirety of Gryffindor was in the Common Rooms, celebrating their obvious win.

A handful of Gryffindors had snuck in their friends from other houses, so Ron took his chance and invited some of the Slytherins.

The Gryffindor Common Room was now filled with Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws, and Slytherins.

It took a while for people to warm up to the snakes, but they managed. Besides, it wasn't like they could kick them out. 

"Here ya go Harry, I got you some more Butterbeer!" Sirius remarked.

"Thanks Sirius," Harry grinned as he took a seat on the sofa.

"No problem, Prongs Jr. You deserve this one. Your play was awesome out there! I've never seen anyone dive down that fast!"

"Well, that was probably all the broom you know," Harry replied quickly, flustered from the compliment. "They've evolved from 19- I forgot. But from whenever you were around."