The Past Visit The Present

DISCLAIMER: I solemnly swear that J.K.R. owns everything in Harry Potter. Whether or not I am up to no good with her characters is for you to decide...

Alright this is another fanfic. So if you read the description, which I highly recommend you do, you'll find out what this is about. One potion, three people, 1997. In this fanfic, all of Harry's main friends; Hermione, Ron and the Silver Trio; know about the Dursleys abuse. Draco is not on a mission to kill Dumbledore, might I add. 

Also, please vote and comment, I'd like to receive some feedback on my chapters from your experience. Also also, if you have any ideas, feel free to PM me :)

With that being said, let's begin! 

"...and James Potter and Sirius Black will be partners. That's the last pair if I'm not mistaken. Now get to it!" Slughorn announced. 

James and Sirius shared a grin while Remus face palmed himself. 

James Fleamont Potter was an average heighted boy for his age, dark brown eyes, the color of milk chocolate that stood out with his tan skin and messy jet black hair. 

He and his friends were very well known in the school for their mischievous pranks. 

He usually spent his after school hours in detention with his favorite teacher, like his friends, Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor and their amazing Transfiguration professor.

Sirius Orion Black was about the same height as James. He had his family's traditional grey eyes; his hair was a dark brown but shone a lighter color under the sun. 

He spent his time after school in detention with his best mate, James Potter, and planning pranks for school. 

He had moved into James's house this summer when he was 16 because his mom had kicked him out, so the two of them had basically become brothers. 

Remus John Lupin was the tallest of the three, once being the shortest but had a growth spurt in between the beginning of this school year. 

His eyes had a lighter shade of brown than James's, and his hair was a hazel brown. 

His face had a couple scars from his lycanthropy, but halfway through his fifth year, the amount of scars he would usually receive reduced thanks to his friends who became animagi for him — which he was very grateful for. 

"Don't try anything stupid you two," Remus lectured before going off with Lily Evans to get ingredients. 

"Lucky man. Gets partnered up with Lily out of all people!" James said, jealousy hinted in his voice. 

"Don't worry, Prongs. After this class, you can try to ask her out... or get rejected for the 723rd try already," Sirius sarcased, getting up to get supplies. 

"Are you really keeping track?" James sighed, following Sirius to the cabinets. 

"I try, but who knows, I may be off by 100 or something," he replied casually. 

James smacked him behind the head and got the necessary ingredients.

"Wow Prongs, no need to be so harsh about the truth," Sirius teased, helping James with the ingredients. 

"Oh shut up," he mumbled under his breath, though he still had a light smile on his face. 

Sirius had gone back to get some more supplies while James started up the potion. 

"...and we still need more Fluxweeds, as well as Moonstones. I'll be right back with those, alright Lily?" 

James was zoned out in listening to Remus and Lily's conversation and staring at Lily that he didn't realize what he was adding in the cauldron.