Chapter 19: First date

Yelena and Y/N slept soundly through the night after an eventful day. They spent the morning laughing over their failed attempts to make some omelets. Not long after they finished eating what they were able to salvage, the two made their way to the spot on the back lawn where they had spent their night under the stars.

"I don't even know where to start..." Yelena said, "I'm really sorry, Y/N. I just got so angry seeing how she was gripping you. Plus, I knew how you had felt about everything. Her pushing you to talk and saying that she 'knew you' while I didn't just... sent me over the edge."

Y/N nodded as they sat down on the blanket they'd placed on the grass next to Yelena, "Honestly, it is mostly understandable," They started as they stared out and over the horizon, "I was so angry with her trying to push me and then with how she spoke to you but..."

"But the gun. I know.." She interjected before Y/N could say it, "Nat talked to me about it when we got to my room. Luckily, Tony was able to overlook that because Steve talked to him for me but it's definitely put a bad taste in my name."

Y/N laughed as they looked over at her, "You mean a bad taste in their mouth?"

Yelena looked over at them as she realized what she'd said. Laughing as she threw her elbow into their side, "You know what I meant, shut up."

"I know, I know," They laughed, "but I think it's important for us to talk about.. us."

The hesitation in Y/N's voice caused Yelena's head to drop a bit as she stared down at the grass in front of her while she ran her finger through it.

"Hey, look at me," Y/N said as they grabbed her chin and pulled her face to look at her. They quickly noticed very small tears forming in the corners of her eyes, "Yelena, hey. Come here."

Y/N took her into their arms as she let a few tears fall. They weren't sure where this was coming from, "What're you thinking? What's going on?"

"I just..." She started as she buried her faced into Y/N's shoulder, "I was so scared I messed us up-"

Before she could finish, Y/N pulled her back by her shoulders so that they could be face to face again, "You didn't mess us up. We just need to talk about what we're doing here, that's all."

Yelena scrunched her face up in confusion as she dried the tears that had fallen down her face, "What do you mean?"

Y/N looked around as they pondered how they wanted to go about this conversation. Reaching for her hands, they pulled them up to lay kisses on the backs, "We'll continue this at dinner. I have the perfect place in mind. Be ready by five, okay?"

The confused look didn't leave her face, but a smile did appear at the reassurance of their first date still happening. Y/N leaned in to close the distance between their faces as they hovered over her lips, "I'm making this one a night to remember," They said before placing a soft kiss on her bottom lip.

******

The day had passed quickly. No one had questioned Y/N or Yelena about the day prior and Wanda had been out in town with Vision since the night before. The two were finally able to just enjoy some time together.

(2 min ago) Yelena:

"Darcy is killing me. She has not
been able to help me pick a single
piece of clothing!"

(2 min ago) Y/N:

"Oh lord, how much longer until
you'll be ready?"

(1 min ago) Yelena:

"Just asked her to go and get me
some water, I'll be done in 5 :)"

******

"Right this way," The host said the two walked through the doors of Y/N's favorite restaurant downtown. It wasn't fancy, but it was special to them. Y/N spent many dinners here with the team two years ago. Any time they were feeling down, they came here for a pick-me-up.

Yelena had her arm looped through Y/N's as they made their way through the aisles to their table.

"Here you are. Your server will be with you soon," The host said as Y/N pulled out the chair for Yelena to sit.

She took her seat across from Y/N and pulled the menu up to see what they could order to drink. As Y/N took their seat, they couldn't take their eyes off her. She'd put in all of her earrings, slid on her favorite rings, and worn this stunning yellow coat. 

The stare had apparently lingered a bit longer than expected as Yelena raised her head to see Y/N staring at her. She smiled softly, "What?"

They shook their head realizing that they'd been caught, "Nothing, nothing," They laughed, "You're just stunning. You look amazing tonight. I mean you always do but-"

"Thank you," Yelena said with a smile as she reached out to grab their hand so they'd stop rambling. 

The two ordered their drinks and food as they talked about their day. As they finished up, Yelena came to the realization that they hadn't talked about anything that Y/N had said they would. When she brought this up, Y/N smiled and noted that the date was in fact not over yet.

Y/N paid the bill before they slipped out of the restaurant and made their way to the nearby park. They parked the car near the closest gate and walked in with Yelena to a bench that was almost exactly in the middle of the park.

"I used to come here at night, alone, when things were rough. There aren't lights in this park, so it's always really easy to see the stars," Y/N said as they looked up.

Yelena's face dropped when she saw that the stars were so bright that the two could see even the smallest ones. While she was studying the stars, Y/N lifted their arm up and around her shoulder and pulled her in to kiss her cheek.

They let her enjoy the view for a few more seconds before starting, "I know I said we'd talk about stuff... but I'd really like it if you just listened first if that's okay?"

She dropped her head and turned to Y/N with quirked eyebrows, "Of course," She replied as she laid her hand on their thigh.

Y/N blew out a long breath, "You're the only person I feel safe with. You don't push me. You just let me be and I really appreciate that," They started, quickly noticing the smile that was growing on her face.

"And Nat said that I should pick one person to try and start opening up to. The only person that came to mind was you. I'm not ready right now, to talk about it I mean. I just want you to know that I want it to be you," Y/N stated.

Yelena leaned in to place a quick kiss on their lips.

"But-" Y/N started again, "You have to learn to not let Wanda get under your skin the way that she did yesterday."

Her smile faded slightly as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"I do too though! She's so good at knowing just what to say to piss you off. We can work on it together, but I just need to know that we'll be okay," Y/N finished.

Yelena moved Y/N's arm from around her and grabbed both hands in hers, "Of course. I'll work on it every day, I promise."

The two made their way back to the compound and up to Y/N's room. As Yelena was taking her jewelry off in their bathroom, they came up behind her, placing their hands on the counter under her arms and kissing the back of her neck.

Her eyes closed as she leaned her head back allowing Y/N to move their kisses to the side of her neck and up to her ear. While their lips laid kisses up and down her neck, they moved their hand up under her shirt to her waist trailing down to the top of her pants.

Feeling their fingers on her skin, she pushed her butt back into them, causing Y/N to move that hand up to her neck. The grip around her neck provoked a smile to grow across her face before she bit her bottom lip.

Y/N couldn't wait any longer as Yelena continued to rub herself back against them.

"Bend over, immediately," They said.