Chapter 51: You're so good

Steve sat in Y/N's bathroom with them for an extra couple of minutes before Yelena made her way down to find them. She'd gone downstairs to see where they were and was quickly updated on what had happened, sending her straight to their room.

"Y/N?" She called into their room, "Are you in here?" Before they answered, she had noticed that the light in their bathroom was on and made her way there.

"Yeah, I'm- oh hey," They started to answer as she made her way through the door, "Sorry, I was just..." Y/N trailed off knowing that lying wasn't a good idea but also not wanting to talk about what just happened.

In good Uncle fashion, Steve wrapped his arm around their shoulder, shaking them a few times, "They were just getting ready to come to your room. We just needed to debrief some things, but it'll all be okay," He said, mostly aiming that last part at Y/N.

He stood slowly before making his way out of their bathroom and leaving the two to themselves. Yelena looked down at Y/N while she questioned if she should bring it up or leave them be until they were ready to talk about it.

Luckily, Y/N decided to do their best to shrug it off and bring themselves back to the present so that they could focus on Yelena and their date night.

"Well? Let's get going! Did you pick a good movie?" They asked as they lead her out of their room. She was clearly trying to bury her concern with a slight nod and grin. Y/N noticed but they didn't feel like this was a good time to talk about any of it.

Yelena followed them down to her room as she tried her best to not worry about the internal battle Y/N was going through. Once they arrived, Y/N was speechless walking into her room. She'd gotten new lights that were lit to create a dim haze, fluffed her comforter, built a cute den of pillows for them to cuddle in, and gotten all of their favorite snacks ready for them on her nightstand.

"You... How do you continue to do this?" They asked as they looked around.

Slightly confused, she looked over, "What do you mean?"

"You just continuously outdo yourself. I can't get over how good you are to me," They answered back. The battle they were facing in their mind was growing more difficult to keep down. Y/N had always struggled with not feeling good enough, but after their encounter with Nat and seeing how great Yelena was, they couldn't help but wonder.

They huffed out before continuing, "I don't deserve you. I don't deserve any of this, really..."

She grabbed their arm, pulling them in close to a hug. To her, Y/N was worth the entire world. Hearing them beat themselves down like this tore her apart, "Come on, let's go sit."

The pillow den she'd created proved to be as comfortable as it looked when Y/N crawled into it and sprawled out, leaving their arms open for her to cuddle into. As she got comfortable, she looked up at them, leaning her head on their shoulder, "I know you don't want to talk about what happened with Nat," She started as she watched their eyes slowly close shut, "but I want you to know that Steve was right. It will all be okay. You will heal and Nat will be okay."

Y/N swallowed hard, trying their best to keep down the burning feeling in their throat. Everything was still so fresh but they'd felt so good before talking with Nat. They felt like it would all be okay, like they really could come out of it.

Now, their mind was plagued with images of hurting someone they cared about deeply. Plagued with the knowledge of knowing that she was slightly scared of them now.

But, they thought, maybe she's right.

"Yeah, I'm trying to remember that," They responded as they pulled her in closer to a hug, "You have no idea how much I love you. Thank you."

She smiled and nuzzled her head into their neck as she squeezed tighter into their hug. After a few seconds of holding each other, Yelena reached over to find her remote so that they could finally start their movie.

"Oh, no WAY!" Y/N yelled in excitement, "You know me so well!"

Yelena laughed as she laid back into their arms, "You're literally the biggest nerd, but I love it," She smiled, "I love you."

The two cuddled up close as they watched Titanic. It had always been one of Y/N's favorites, definitely a comfort movie for them. Something about it just made them feel safe.

Through the movie, Yelena could hear them breathe hard through their nose as they muffled a laugh. Before long though, the music had started getting to her and making her drowsy. She'd fought hard, but her eyes couldn't withstand it any longer.

She'd been fast asleep for a few minutes when she was jolted awake.

"Just get on the fucking DOOR JACK!" They yelled, "Rose, you stupid bitch, just move over. Oh my god."

Hearing them get all worked up made her laugh. To be fair, that part of the movie was really stupid. She leaned up to place a soft kiss on their cheek.

"It's literally... I've seen this movie ten times over and this part NEVER fails to piss me off," They exclaimed.

As it ended, Yelena was starting to wake up a bit. Y/N was clearly awake due to their irritation with Rose and their continued rant that made her laugh even harder. After a few minutes, Y/N had settled down from their rant.

They leaned their head back on the pillows behind them as they pulled Yelena in with the arm that laid under her neck. As they did this, she climbed on top of them placing soft kisses all over their face. Before long, Y/N had pulled her in, falling deep into the passion as their hands wandered.

She pulled back slowly, leaning down next to Y/N's ear placing a kiss on their neck before whispering, "And as always, I already locked the door."