Chapter 55: Forever

"Keep your eyes closed, Belova! I'm not kidding!" Y/N yelled as they guided Yelena down to the spot where Darcy and Thor had just helped them set up. They'd chosen this spot because it was a summation of their entire relationship. It was where they started, where they truly realized who was laying next to them.

"I AM, Y/N! You just keep having me almost trip!" She replied as she laughed while she did her best to keep her balance while they walked through the lumpy end of the lawn.

As Y/N successfully got her to the comforter where Darcy had just fixed the flower petals and lit the candles, they allowed her to open her eyes. She gasped as her mouth dropped and she looked around to see what all they'd set up.

She looked back at Y/N, "What is this?!" She asked with a massive smile painted across her face.

"It's for you, of course," They said as they offered a smile back.

Y/N guided her down to the comforter and laid down beside her so they could look up at the stars together, "There's Orion!" Yelena yelled out, "Found it first!" She laughed. Each time they'd gone to watch the stars, they had taken on a new game of who could find it first.

"Oh you little shit, I wasn't even looking yet!" Y/N laughed as they leaned over and began smothering her with kisses, "Yeah!! Find some constellations now!" They said as they continued berating her face with gentle kisses while she laughed hysterically.

Once they'd settled down, Y/N rolled back over and they'd spent the next 30 minutes or so just talking about their relationship. The ups, the downs, the memories, the laughs, and most importantly the love.

"You know, Y/N..." She started off, "I didn't know this was possible until I met you, you know?"

They smiled, "Care to elaborate?"

"You're annoying," She laughed before she continued on, "I just... Y/N, I look at you and I just feel at home. I didn't have a home for so many years. Once Nat and I freed the other widows, I started to feel a sense of belonging but.. never a home."

Y/N smiled as they shifted to lay on their side with their hand propped and holding their head up so that they could see her better as she went on.

"I've just always had this sense about you, since the moment I saw you for the very first time, I just felt safe. I can't explain it, I just know it's the best feeling I've ever had. You're my home and I love you more than I could ever really try to explain," She finished.

They smiled as they placed a soft kiss on her bottom lip, "Sit up with me for a second," They asked as they pulled her up to sit beside them. Before they started talking, Y/N tapped the button on their phone that they'd set up to alert Thor that it was time.

Taking her hands in theirs, they smiled looking into her eyes, "Yelena, I don't think I could ever really explain it either, but I'm going to do my best right now, okay?"

She smiled before placing a kiss on their nose and urging them to go on.

"I've always known you were special. From the moment you stepped off that elevator when I first arrived, to the way you brought me out of the depths of my mind, you have been my saving grace. Today, I look at myself in the mirror and I don't hate the person staring back at me. Not because I'm with you or because you love me, but because you helped me get here," They stated.

The time was getting closer and they took another deep breath in as they continued, "You're it for me, Yelena Belova. You're my end of the line, the love of my life, the person I am meant to spend every single day with. I am absolutely amazed by you and I want to spend forever by your side."

A hole was burning in their pocket before they reached back to pull it out. Sitting up, they made their way onto one knee, "Yelena, will you spend forever with me?"

The smile that grew across her face shined brighter than the Bifrost that Thor had taken a bit behind Y/N to create the beautiful shooting star-like imagery. Without a word, she launched forward tackling them to the ground without even bothering to look at the ring that Y/N had held in front of her just seconds before.

She planted kisses all over their face without realizing she hadn't even answered.

"So, I take that as a yes?" Y/N laughed.

"Of course, dumb ass! Yes, a million times over. There's nothing I want more than you, all of you, all the time, forever," She replied as she allowed Y/N to sit up, pulling the ring from where she'd knocked it and placing it on her finger, "God it's beautiful, thank you," She stated.

As soon as it was done, Y/N looked up to Darcy who had been sitting just at the edge of the patio on the compound. It was her cue and she didn't miss a beat. She flicked on the radio that sat next to her as it started blaring, "We started singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie. Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. Them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye, singin', this'll be the day that I die."

"This'll be the day that I die" Yelena sang out, "Oh my god I love you. You're perfect."

They laughed, "Perfect for you, but not perfect in general. Oh! That reminds me," They responded as they leaned over to grab something they'd placed out of sight.

"This..." They stated as they pulled it from behind their back, "is Barry. I remember how beautiful your room was with all of the plants when I met you and I thought maybe this could be our plant together that grows with us."

She teared up looking down at the cactus that Y/N had sat in their hands. Barry would be the symbol of their growing love moving forward.

They were each others', always and forever.