Chapter 54: Get ready

A year had passed now since Y/N, Wanda, and Stephen brought Bucky back from the astral dimension and a lot had changed in what seemed like such a short amount of time to the team.

Bucky spent a month under Steve's supervision as he worked to make sure that everyone could trust him. In that time, he'd also met with Wanda and Y/N four times a week to start working through their trigger words. Stephen had taught Wanda how to sift through their memories without scaring the shit out of them, which helped them face their traumas head-on.

With the help of Yelena, it didn't take Y/N too long to get their trigger words under control and out of HYDRA's control. Bucky, on the other hand, was unable to handle it. He'd proven himself trustworthy, but working through those memories for him was too much. Tony called in a few favors which landed him in Wakanda for six months as they had the technology, time, and abilities to help him through that time.

While Bucky was in Wakanda, the team gathered as much information on HYDRA as they could with the help of Wanda and Y/N's knowledge and memories. Y/N had even gotten to a point where Wanda was able to flick through their memories and find things that they hadn't even remembered. 

They were able to get all of the information that they needed to move forward into infiltrating the bases. Though some had felt the team could have done it without him, they decided to wait for Bucky to return from Wakanda and assist them. He'd finally worked through his trigger words with the help of Shuri and was able to be a key asset in taking HYDRA down from the inside out.

It'd been six months since then and Y/N had continued working on their trauma, HYDRA and personal. There were so many unresolved issues with losing their father that had intertwined themselves with their HYDRA issues that they hadn't even realized. Luckily, Tony had ties with some of the top therapists in the country and was able to get the best to assist them.

On top of working on their mental health, Y/N had been growing their relationship with Yelena daily. After settling their issues with Wanda and working on themselves, their relationship with her had blossomed greatly every single day. They'd been thinking through a couple of different ways to show her how much she meant to them and when they'd finally settled on it, they called in the cavalry.

Darcy and Thor.

Okay, maybe it wasn't the cavalry but it was the only people they'd felt could keep it to themselves. Their relationship had also grown a lot in the past year and the only people they ever told secrets to were each other, which pushed Y/N to talk with them about their plans.

Truthfully, they would've loved to have Wanda help them with this, but she'd reconciled with Vision and was unable to keep anything a secret. When she'd told him things, he hadn't understood what secrets were. There were a couple of surprises that people had planned that he had unfortunately spoiled.

Though Darcy and Thor may not have been the perfect people for the job, they did make it fun and exciting to plan. Darcy's neverending upbeat attitude and Thor's absolute goofiness made it that much better. 

"Alright! It's all set up I think," Darcy yelled out as she finished placing the lights around the comforter that Y/N had laid out on the lawn behind the compound.

Thor peered over, "Looks just as corny as we planned it!"

"Hey!" Y/N exclaimed, "It's not... it's not corny!" They looked down at it, taking in the cliche lights and flowers, "Oh for fuck's sake it's extremely corny. She's going to hate it!"

Darcy playfully slapped Thor on the arm before comforting Y/N, "No! She's going to love it. Trust me, you know I did my research! One of her favorite memories with you was the first time you sat and had real conversations under the stars."

They smiled thinking back to when they barely knew her, to when she was just the pretty face that walked out of the elevator. It was hard for them to believe it'd been over a year since all of that happened.

"You're right..." They laughed, "She loves this cornball shit."

"You could do absolutely nothing, no lights or flowers, and she would still love it," Darcy replied, "It's unfortunate you can't take her through space whenever you want but we can't all be me, can we?"

Y/N rolled their eyes knowing Darcy loved to throw the perks of dating Thor in their face. Half the time he was too oblivious to even catch it. He was just happy to be involved in whatever anyone was doing.

"It's all gonna work out, right? I'm not insane and this isn't too much?" They asked as they started to get themselves worked up and nervous.

Darcy grabbed them by their shoulders and shook them a bit, "Shut up, holy shit," She laughed, "Yelena is literally head over heels in love with you. There's nothing you ever have to worry about with her. You know that now get your head out of your ass and run upstairs to get ready. We'll wait here until you get her down here so nothing gets ruined."

Y/N smile as they wrapped their arms tightly around Darcy before pulling Thor into the hug as well, "Thank you both so much. I don't know how I would've done any of this without you."

"You're welcome!" Thor exclaimed, "I'll be waiting for your sign when you're ready for me."

Darcy's excitement level rose as she remembered how Thor would be helping make this one of the most memorable nights of Y/N and Yelena's lives. She squealed, "EEEK! I can't wait oh my god, go upstairs and get ready!! I can't wait any longer!"

Y/N laughed before they headed out, "I guess it's go time."