Chapter 6 - Crown Prince

It was Asher Lumiere, the Crown Prince.

He suddenly remembered his promise to not get in the Crown Prince's way anymore.

"I greet the future sun of the kingdom, His Highness, the Crown Prince." Pier then bowed slightly to show respect.

'Should I act friendly? No, Pier from before would never greet Asher like this though?' He tried to weigh the options but eventually came up with a solution. 'Whatever, I'll just pretend he's not in my world anymore.'

Pier expected at least a proper response but the prince simply nodded his head and did not even spare him a glance. Pier felt his anger inside boiling.

'This arrogant bastard! Just because the original owner of this body used to like you does it mean you get the right to treat him like that!' He seethed quietly. It was a blatant display of disrespect considering the Royal Family's affiliation with the House of Masters.

One thing he continued to overlook about the previous Pier and Asher's situation is that the latter treated Pier badly. Even though Pier was indeed annoying and overbearing, it was still inappropriate for the prince to treat Pier as if he was non-existent.

'Whatever, let's just end things with him and move on. I want to learn magic!' Pier raised his head and hesitated for a moment but Raphael invited him to sit with them.

"Thank you, Sir Raphael." The young master smiled a little bit at the invitation of the young duke.

Raphael Sentinio, the soon-to-be successor of the Sentinio Duchy was the second most influential supporter of the current and future king after the House of Masters.

The reason why Pier found Raphael unpleasant was because of their history together.

He was Pier's supposedly previous soon-to-be husband but things did not work out in the end. There were many problems that got in the way.

Pier during that time was smitten with the Crown Prince and Raphael had a lover as well and they both decided to call it off. However, Pier expected things to go well that time but days after the agreement, a rumor suddenly circulated about how the Belmiunde Household decided to cancel the engagement between Raphael and Pier as the duchy was inferior to the Belmiunde household.

Pier tried to talk with Raphael but all he got that time was 'I do not wish for my beloved to get dragged in all this mess'.

'What a prick.' Pier thought. The funnier thing was that the Sentinio household later found out that Raphael's lover at that time was revealing private information to the Duchy's enemies and she was also the one who started the rumors about the engagement between Raphael and Pier.

'Karma sure works in a lot of ways.' Pier's lips started to curl up but luckily stopped himself from doing so.

'I do not need to get involved with these people in the future if I want to have a peaceful life.' He made another resolution in his mind before sitting down in one of the chairs in the pavilion. Servants were going back and forth preparing the tea and other refreshments the king has ordered.

Pier calmly avoided Raphael's gaze and stared somewhere else. It was a clear sign for Raphael to not talk with Pier.

Raphael then also sat down while still peeking glances at Pier.

'Hmm?' the auburn-haired man thought. It was different from the usual reaction Pier would show when he sees him. It was understandable why Pier did not want to talk with Raphael because of the thing that happened in the past.

He never helped Pier settle the issues after the calling off of their engagement and decided that protecting his lover's image, who turned out to be a spy from the enemies was more important. He understood it all, but he also sent Pier multiple letters on how he wanted to talk about the issue and ask for forgiveness but never got a reply.