Chapter 35 - Caspian Von Edenburgh

"I shall declare the Cornell Earldom an enemy household until they submit themselves into our control!"

Arda who heard Pier's declaration felt everything in her world shatter.

'No, it was a mistake, I was impatient-' She thought but the damage had already been done and the announcement of the Young Master was already declared.

Maids rushed back and forth to clean the room that had been trashed. It wasn't because of Arda's actions that caused the room to be ruined but it was because of Pier's elemental abilities that the room had been turned upside down.

Servants who have seen their young master's magical abilities trembled in fear at the memory.

"Y-Young Master, p-please reconsider!" Arda begged as she kneeled on the floor. The cosmetics applied to her face were smeared and created a slightly unpleasant look on her face.

Pier stared at the weeping lady in front of him. He crouched down at Arda's level. He looked her in the eye.

"Those who have wronged me will get back a hundredfold times of the damage they have done. Cheers for the years of suffering, my lady." He then stood up and started to walk outside the guest room door. Servants rushed to tend their young master and knights escorted the weeping lady back to her carriage.

The announcement of the Cornell Earldom becoming an enemy household of the Belmiunde Household shook the entire nobility class of the kingdom.

---

It did not even take a day for the entire Earldom to surrender. Once the declaration of departure from the allegiance had been made, the Earl was left with no option but to let the Belmiunde Household take control of their own matters.

They were not considered as vassal houses of the Belmiunde Household but were the workers for them.

"Young Master, I would like to personally thank you for taking me and my family in your territory and allowing us to work here despite the sins I have committed," Martha said as she stood in front of Pier.

Pier who was reading a book glanced up at her and adjusted the comfortable glasses on his face.

"It was by no means my intention to help you one-sidedly, Martha. You played an important part with the Earl's information and I helped you find a shelter. It's a mutual contract." Martha nodded her head at Pier's statement.

Indeed, it was a mutual contract where the two had greatly benefitted from each other. However, Martha saw Pier's actions to be more valuable than hers.

"I understand, young master then I shall go back on my work once more," Martha said before turning around and starting to walk out.

"Hold on." Pier's words made her stop from her tracks as she turned around to look at the young master.

"How about you become the head of my personal maids, Martha?" Her eyes widened at the proposition that Pier made.

"P-Pardon me, young master but that position is too great for the likes of me." She said and clenched her hands.

'Becoming the young master's head maid? I would not even dare!' She thought. Would even the servant who burned the young master be worthy enough to rise in the position of the head maid for that person himself?

She could not imagine it.

"You're qualified. You already have experience with being a head maid so you know how to handle things, and the position has been vacant for quite some time now." Ever since Eliam fired Pier's previous servants, the position of the head maid had been vacant since the servant who took the position of Pier's head maid was one of those that got stripped of their job.