Chapter 54 - The Crown Prince's Confession

'I won't forget, Pier. That's my gift for you, happy birthday,'

He thought as the young master played the final key.

People watched in awe at the performance.

There were those who had their eyes wide open

There were those who held their breaths

There were those whose heart ached

and there were those who cried.

Asher watched as the young master cried while he played.

Tears were streaming down Pier's cheeks as he smiled while closing his eyes. The sparkles produced by the light orbs floated around the young master as they tried to console the crying individual.

Asher immediately let go of Elena as he hurriedly walked towards the young master on top of the platform.

It felt all so wrong for him.

It felt so wrong seeing Pier cry, it felt so wrong seeing him down.

Asher can hear his own steps as he went to the young master who had his head down after he finished playing.

"Pier!" He went to grab the young master's shoulder but Pier did not respond. Pier kept his head down while his hands shook.

"P-Pier, are you okay?!" Asher exclaimed in worry.

'This...' Pier said as he looked at his hands that were atop of the piano keys.

"Pier!" Asher called again and this time, the young master looked up at him. Asher flinched when Pier's blue eyes stared at his own.

"Can I go now, your highness? I have already played for you and Lady Elena. I want to be alone for the moment," He said softly and Asher felt his chest tighten at the soft and quiet voice the young master used.

"Y-You can rest now, Pier. Th-Thank you," Asher said, unsure of what to tell the young master.

Pier nodded his head before he stood up from the stool and started to walk down the steps of the platform. People watched as the young master walked.

"Young master, that was so beautiful!"

"Young master, you are an inspiration to all of us!"

"Young master!"

People gave their praises as Pier passed them, however, the young master did not even look at a single person until he fully got out of the grand hall.

Pier walked aimlessly. His mind was somewhere else as his feet carried him to a place in the palace.

'This...' He thought again as he looked at his hand. Small transparent orbs could be seen forming in his hand.

'What's happening?' He did not know what to do because the small orbs kept on appearing and disappearing again.

It was then that Pier noticed he had reached the palace's garden.

He started to walk towards the pavilion located at the center of the garden. His steps were sluggish because he felt tired after playing.

When he entered the pavilion, Pier proceeded to sit on one of the chairs that surrounded a huge table.

He breathed in multiple times as his heart paced for unknown reasons.

"What's wrong with me?" He asked as he stared at his hand again and the small orbs appeared once more.

"What's this?" He whispered-breathed. He did not know what the orbs were because it was not both from his wind and fire magic.