Chapter 13 - Reconciled

Raphael clenched his chest at the heavy sensation he felt after listening to the piece Pier had performed.

He was not an enthusiast like the other individuals inside the room but he clearly knows what he felt. It was a mixture of loneliness, sadness, and a little bit of hope and aspiration. He did not know that the young master everyone knew to be extremely bad at playing instruments could actually perform like a well-known professional

'So why did the young master ruin all of those performances he did before in the previous Royal Banquets?' It did not make sense for Raphael, as to why the young master would purposely make his performance bad when in the first place, he could play this well that even the well-respected Royal Instructor, Bart, praised him to no end for such talents.

'If that did not make any sense then maybe he learned it recently?' It had been a year since the young master performed in the Royal Banquet and the chances of him improving in his performance were big

'But it would still be unbelievable that a person who played even worse than children suddenly learned how to play like a genius.' What Raphael heard just now was breathtakingly beautiful. He only knows things about music moderately but he could tell that it was his first time hearing that piece and feeling extreme burden from the young master who was playing it.

'So how?' He wondered. He was visiting the second prince because the latter told him that he wanted to meet Raphael and so granting the sickly child's wishes, he did visit Nicholas. But as they were wandering around the Royal Palace, the young prince saw the king get inside the music room and immediately got off Raphael's arms and followed the king inside the music room.

After following the young prince who hurried after his father, Raphael then saw that it was the time that Pier would practice his performance along with the royal instructor and the king. Even he did not expect that Pier would play that well.

'It even made the young prince and the instructor cry.' He thought. He felt his heart tighten after remembering how Pier's face looked while playing. It was solemn but it showed numerous emotions that he probably must have been keeping.

Raphael felt bad about the conclusions he came up with within his head.

The young master had been chasing after the crown prince for years now, even to the point of breaking off the engagement with a powerful household that is close to royalty just for the love that will never be reciprocated-

He felt bad, no, he was disappointed with himself. He thought that Pier was doing good on his own with how he did not stop bothering the crown prince but what Raphael did not see was the things Pier had to experience while going after Asher.

He was ridiculed by many, even to the point where his name was used as an insult to others. He even had to handle all of the backlashes he got when breaking off his engagement with Raphael all alone. Raphael wanted to cry but he could not. He was not the type to even cry but right now all he wanted to do was help the young master who played the most beautiful piece he had heard

He composed himself and took deep breaths. He needs to show himself because everyone would wonder anyway as to why the young prince came into the music room all by himself.

When he was neat once more, Raphael clenched his fists and knocked on the slightly ajar door. Four pairs of eyes found him and Raphael gulped. He was not nervous with the other three gazes but he was conscious of the piercing blue eyes.

"Raphael, my child. You must be visiting Nicholas," The King greeted the successor of the Sentinio Duchy

"Greetings, your majesty, greetings Instructor Bart, and greetings, young master," He, in return, mentioned and greeted every person individually.