Chapter 48 - Inches Closer

Pier flinched when he heard a voice telling him not to kill himself.

He turned to look at the source and saw that Asher was there staring up at him with a worried look.

"Pier- please... please don't leave," Asher said in a panicked and worried tone. Pier raised his eyebrows at the prince.

He thought he had all the time to himself now without Asher's presence.

'But to think he'd even follow me here' Pier closed his eyes to calm himself down.

He used his wind magic to support his body as he jumped down from the tree.

Asher's eyes widened at the action and he immediately went to catch Pier, but the latter landed without even breaking a sweat.

"Y-You really can use magic," he said. He recalled he was not able to talk with Pier about his magic.

"What is his highness doing here?" Pier asked when he approached Asher.

The Crown Prince scratched the back of his head as he looked for excuses.

"Uh... I just want to make sure you're alright, Pier" He said and Pier resisted the urge to slap Asher's face.

"Really?"

"Yes! Please don't end your lif-"

"And why do you think would I end my own life, your highness?" Pier asked as he started to take closer steps towards Asher. The crunchy sounds of dry leaves getting broken as Pier stepped on them resonated in both of their ears.

"Because... uh..." Asher spoke but Pier's approaching figure was distracting him. He gulped when Pier was now in front of him, only a few inches apart.

"Tell me, your highness" Pier spoke as he inched his face closer to Asher.

Asher gulped.

'Isn't this all too familiar?' He thought. It was the same scenario that happened back at his study. Pier was once again getting closer to him and he could not help himself but stare at the man in front of him.

"Come on, Asher, tell me why I would kill myself" Pier whispered when his face was only a breath away from Asher.

He did not address him by his title, nor his status, but by his direct name.

Asher felt himself shiver at the sound of Pier's voice calling his name out.

"Pier..." he breathed. He was starting to get intoxicated with the smell of Pier's scent.

"Hmmm? Why can't you speak, Asher?" Pier whispered as he brought his hand up in Asher's face and caressed the Crown Prince's cheeks.

Asher had goosebumps as he felt the cold fingers of the young master graze upon his skin.

Pier's long and slender fingers caressed Asher's jawline as he slowly turned the Crown Prince's head slightly lower to look directly at him.

"Pier... stop..." Asher said as he watched the young master's icy blue eyes stare at him.

"Just answer my question, Asher," Pier spoke as he held Asher's face with both of his hands and started to remove the distance between their faces.

"Why can't my Asher respond? I'm waiting for your answer," Pier said in a whiny yet low voice. Their breaths now were meeting each other and only a single move would cause their lips to meet.

'My Asher?...' The Crown Prince trembled as his hands started to act on their own. His hands itched to touch Pier's sides and hold the young master.