Chapter 46 - The Perpetrator's Act

When Pier reached the infirmary, he immediately went to look for Gideon.

"We greet the successor of the House of Masters," A group of knights said as they saw the young master enter the disinfectant-smelling building.

"Greetings. Do you know where Gideon is being checked?" He asked and the knights nodded their heads.

"Knight Woodlock is currently being monitored on the fourth room when you turn in the left hallway, young master." A knight responded and Pier smiled gratefully at them.

"Thank you"

After knowing Gideon's room, Pier started to walk into the designated room. He was slightly worried because even though he had Gideon as a knight for a day, he did not want someone dying while being interlinked with him.

Plus, he likes Gideon's carefree and bright attitude.

He was about to turn left when he reached the hallway when a person he also did not want to see noticed him first.

"Pier!" Asher called out. He did not bother addressing Pier by his title but Pier did not care either. He was the Crown Prince and he can do anything he wanted. He knew Asher simply decided to address him by his title at some times out of respect and courtesy.

He sighed as he looked in Asher's direction and he saw that the prince was with two old men. One was wearing a uniform-like cloth and the other was still in his sleeping clothes.

'The town mayor and the physician...?' He wondered. He approached Asher and bowed respectfully to the prince.

"Greetings to the future sun of the kingdom, His Highness the Crown Prince," Pier said and the two old men beside Asher were in awe at how noble-like Pier indeed was.

"Greetings, perhaps you are looking for your knight?" Asher asked and Pier nodded his head.

"He's currently asleep. The physician had already checked him and the results had indicated that the knight was probably over exhausted. He will need to rest for the remaining days to regain his strength back." Asher reassured the young master.

The physician and town mayor were surprised to see how talkative Asher was with the young master when earlier he was producing such a scary aura when the physician examined the young master's knight.

"I see. Thank you, your highness," Pier said, feeling relieved at the news.

'That light-hearted idiot probably did not sleep nor rest starting when he encountered the magical beast!' He thought and made a mental note to smack Gideon's face when the knight fully recovers.

He turned his back after thanking Asher as he wanted to leave for now and be by himself. Being around too many people was suffocating Pier.

"Pier, wait!" Asher called out after a few steps. Pier sighed.

He noticed that he just kept on sighing every time he sees the Crown Prince or with all the things that are happening recently.

'C'mon, I just wanted to see the forbidden region. Why is everything becoming like this?' Pier groaned as he turned his back again and faced the prince who had an awkward expression after he saw Pier's gloomy face.

"A-Are you...alright?" Asher asked hesitantly.

Pier gave him a smile, a fake smile.

"I'm alright, your highness. May I ask why his highness called me again?" Pier asked Asher and Asher scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh... does the young master want to join me first? We need to discuss what happened earlier." He asked and the town mayor and the physician was even more baffled at the Crown Prince's attitude towards Pier.