Chapter 31 - The Crown Prince's Letter

"To the Young Master of the Belmiunde Household..." Pier started to read the contents of the letter.

To the Young Master of the Belmiunde Household,

Greetings, Young Master! I am greatly pleasured to tell you that we will depart towards the Yuko Boundary when the moon shall rise and be at its fullest. Thus, I am requesting for the Young Master to visit the palace for necessary preparations.

His Majesty will be expecting your arrival.

Asher Lumiere

"Huh?" Pier stared at the paper that produced a fragrant scent in his hand.

He was dumbfounded by the letter that he had just read. He had just recovered from the cold he had for the past two days which he got after practicing for days with his magic.

The first thing Pier did was read all of the invitations that were piled on top of his study desk and the golden personal seal of the Crown Prince caught his attention.

"W-What is this?!" He said, horrified with the contents of the letter.

'Next full moon? that will be...' He trailed his thoughts off as he thought about the time when the next full moon will arrive.

"Two days?... Two fucking days?!" He could not help but swear.

"It's already so damn near and he even wants me to go to the palace?!" He was annoyed and he knew his entire day was already ruined by the letter he just read.

It was Pier's partial fault for being sick after exhausting himself with the magic training anyway.

"Worse, he's acting all friendly with me with the way he wrote the letter!" He rolled his eyes at the innocent paper that contained Asher's writings.

He groaned in frustration before tucking the letter back in the envelope and calling the servants.

'Well, it was me who volunteered to go with him to the Yuko Boundary. I just never expected it to be this early.' He sighed at the thought and just decided to get ready.

"Prepare my bath." the servant respectfully bowed before she started to head outside Pier's room.

"Oh, another thing," Pier said as he looked outside the large window from inside. The sunlight was gently touching his pale skin. His frustration and annoyance toned down a level lower.

"Call Martha." Martha was the servant that he had taken in after the burning incident at the gathering upheld by the Crown Prince.

Martha had been working under Pier's command now and she had fit in well with the servants serving Pier.

The servant bowed again before speaking a statement of understanding but Pier did not hear it correctly because he was focused on the small thing that kept lunging itself in the glass of his room window.

Pier found the flaps of its wings and its rounded belly very cute. It was as if the small bird was asking Pier to open the door. He smirked at the young bird as if he was mocking it.

"What are you going to do if I don't open it?" He said and gave the bird a lopsided grin. The bird stopped flapping after seeing his grin and it actually started falling to the ground because of its sudden stop in flapping its wings.

"Holy shi-!" Pier exclaimed before hurriedly opening the window and he saw the small bird start to flap its wings again and thankfully it did not hit the ground.

Since Pier's room was on the second floor of the mansion, it would surely die if it were to hit the ground from that height.

The bird once more ascended in the air. Its round belly was on Pier's full view after he came face to face with it.