Chapter 74 - Before the Day

"Here are the records of the video captured by the magic devices, your highness," the record keeper of the palace handed the magic device to the Crown Prince.

Asher smiled as he received the round device that was similar to a crystal orb.

"You have my gratitude," He spoke to the record keeper and the man smiled at the Crown Prince's words.

"The pleasure is all mine, your highness," He bowed and Asher nodded his head before he turned his back and started to walk back into his study.

It had been a week since his talk with Raphael.

"I do not intend to give up my chance with the young master," The auburn-haired noble spoke.

Asher smiled as he nodded his head.

"I understand, Raph. I won't get in your way," The Crown Prince reassured and Raphael had a surprised look on his face.

"Why is that? You finally realized your feelings but you're giving up?" His older friend asked him and Asher only had a solemn expression on his face.

"I do not intend to block your path in achieving the young master's affections but if he were to choose me then I would not be able to do anything about it," He joked and Raphael furrowed his eyebrows at the statement the Crown Prince just said.

The knights opened the door to his study and the familiar scenario greeted him.

It had also been almost two weeks since his arm started to heal. He can move it now but not too much since he really can't feel anything with the limb yet.

"I need to acknowledge that knight for such amazing display of power," He commended the young master's knight who almost defeated him by an inch of breath.

The study he was not able to visit due to being locked up in his personal room was his comfort place.

It was also the place where he and Pier spent some time alone while they planned their trip towards the boundary.

Sigh

He walked towards the table and placed the magic device there and proceeded to sit on the comfortable chair.

Asher inspected the magic device that the keeper gave him.

He placed his finger on the center of the magic device immediately, a holographic-like projection sprouted from the crystal ball upwards.

There played a certain scenario that Asher had been thinking of the previous days.

"How does a moment last forever? How can a story never die?" The young master sang as he pressed the keys on the piano.

Asher watched the performance with longing eyes.

Pier looked so calm and serene while he played the instrument.

He clenched his fist under the table.

It was an incredibly beautiful performance that got the entire kingdom turned upside down. The performance opened a new perspective for everyone who is interested in music.

Pier had become the latest admiration everyone had been looking up to in the previous weeks now. The Academy of Music's top scholars' announcements of the young master's genius in playing the piano had become the catalyst of Pier's now newly renowned image within the kingdom.

'Every day you stray further from me, Pier' He thought as the replay of the light orbs gathering around the young master and adding to the wonder of his performance played in the holographic projection.