Chapter 63 - Closer

"So how long are we going to follow this fence?" Pier asked as he walked beside Ciaran.

The tall man glanced at the young master for a moment before looking back up ahead of them.

"A little more," He spoke in his usual low voice and Pier rolled his eyes at the man.

However, he did not really care.

He knew deep inside he was happy.

Happy that he was far away from the suffocating kingdom.

Away from the Crown Prince

Away from the Belmiunde Family

Away from all of his worries related to the kingdom.

'I wonder what's happening in the kingdom right now that I'm missing?' He thought as he came up with a few possible scenarios.

'They probably organized a search party for the young master,' He concluded with the first and most likely possible event. Pier knew he had an important status in the kingdom but he was also glad Ciaran abducted him because of his ice magic.

He then thought about the new magic he learned.

It was a mystery how he had gotten the ice magic. All he knew was that after he had played for him and Pier's birthday, the small translucent orbs started to appear in his hand and it fully manifested when he got extremely mad at the Crown Prince.

He was also feeling quite awkward with his white hair. He had been used to having black hair even back in his previous life as Eliam and the sudden change of colors was disturbing him quite a little bit.

'I look hotter with the black hair but I look more mysterious-ish and a lot cooler with the white hair,' He weighed the two colors in his head.

"I wonder how's Gideon doing," He talked to himself as the small fire orb in his hands continued to burn. He had been used to producing both of his wind and fire magic now that it was consuming lesser stamina and energy from him.

It was another story for his ice magic that he cannot maintain for a long time though because he just got it and he did not have any opportunity to practice his ice magic.

"That's your knight right?" Ciaran asked while the two continued to walk ahead of the others. Pier nodded his head.

"Yeah, you know him?" He asked and Ciaran took a full minute of silence before answering.

"Yes," and immediately, the thought popped up in Pier's head.

"By the way, I am assuming you were the one who sent me the message through the crow back at the boundary," He said and Ciaran flinched in an unnoticeable manner.

"How can you say that I was the one who sent you the message?" He tried to feign innocence but Pier was already constructing the bridges of his thoughts inside his mind.

"The crow that time was similar to the crows I've seen earlier," Ciaran raised his eyebrows in surprise at the words.

"You can differentiate crows?" Pier shrugged his head as the ball of fire disappeared from his palms and he kept his hands inside the spare pocket on each side of the cloak.

"I guess I'm pretty observant." Ciaran still maintained his surprised look at the young master.

"Impressive," He spoke as he patted Pier's head again. The young master turned his head to look at the green-eyed man.

"You seem to be very friendly with me, Ciaran," Pier stated and Ciaran retracted the hand he was using to pat the young master's head.

"I guess I am," He spoke as he averted his eyes.