Chapter 20 - Dine with the Family

"You're planning to set out on a journey right, Pier?" Raphael and Pier had been talking for quite some time now but neither really got bored. Raphael enjoyed the time he was having with Pier while the latter was simply enjoying the scenario of the beautiful garden in the Sentinio's estate.

"That's correct, Sir Raphael. However, I still need to fix some things before I could go on that said trip without worries," Pier said as he sipped on the lukewarm tea on his teacup. The way the tea was brewed suited Pier's tastebuds.

"Fix?" Raphael was curious about everything when it comes to Pier. He would always urge the young master to continue explaining whenever he would give vague statements. Pier also found this behavior pretty funny because Raphael was like a child asking his parents about numerous things.

Pier nodded his head and took a small bite out of the pastry that was served. It was really good and even though he was never a fan of sweet things back in his life, the Pier of this world seems to enjoy eating sweet delicacies.

"There seem to be some minor problems at the household. I need to fix them before I can go on that 'adventure'," He spoke and placed emphasis on the adventure. Pier didn't know why but he just felt like it. He laughed at his own actions that his shoulders were slightly shaking.

Raphael, who noticed this immediately asked Pier in worry.

"Are you cold, Pier?" The sun was already starting to set and the two have been talking for around two hours now. Pier also noticed how much time had passed and gasped inwardly.

'Father says I need to dine with them today.' It was the first time in a very long time that Ronnovian had invited Pier personally to dinner with them. However, Pier did not really like the thought of Ronnovian inviting his son after a few years just because his son was starting to stir the social circles of the kingdom in a surging manner.

"I'm good, Raphael. I need to go now too since my father was expecting me to have dinner with my family," Pier said as he stood. Raphael lightly scratched the back of his head as he watched Pier stand up from the chair he was sitting in.

"About that..." Raphael hesitated as if he was embarrassed with what he was about to say

Pier tilted his head to the side like a kid and hummed in response

"My family was expecting that you would ... uh..."

'What's wrong with him?' Pier asked himself as he watched the young noble stutter a little bit. What happened to the Raphael that everyone loved and respected? Why was the successor of the Sentinio Duchy acting this way? Pier was curious as well.

"My family was expecting to have dinner with you, Pier. Forgive me, I informed you late because I was looking forward to you visiting so much." Raphael scratched his reddened neck once more. He was embarrassed about his carelessness that he informed Pier late about the dinner the Sentinio household was expecting with him.

"Oh... if that's the case then I shall attend." Pier watched Raphael give a surprised look.

"But the headmaster is also expecting you, Pier," Raphael said with hesitance. Opposing the Headmaster's orders would simply mean one is requesting for his head to roll on the ground and no one was exempted, even the highest-ranking household among the nobles like the Sentinio Duchy would feel wary towards opposing Ronnovian's commands.

"It's fine, my father will understand. I will personally tell him that it was on my own accord to spend dinner with the Sentinio household." However, regardless of how terrifying the headmaster of the Belmiunde Household, Pier was known to disobey Ronnovian's words and come out unscathed.