Chapter 52 - Gifts

"Pier..." Raphael called out after Pier was being done being escorted by the knight.

"Raphael, it had been two weeks!" He said with a smile on his face and the young duke's face reddened at the young master's greetings.

"Y-Yes, it has been two weeks." Raphael stuttered and the young master smiled at the display of the shy young duke.

"Greetings to the future sun of the kingdom, his highness the Crown Prince," Pier greeted when he saw the Prince was staring at him.

'I know I'm handsome, no need to stare that much,' He thought as Asher's obvious gaze did not cease in observing him.

"Greetings, young master. Your entrances are always the most beautiful," Asher said and Pier slightly flinched at the comment.

'When did he learn to compliment Pier?' He was surprised by the statement but he did not mind it.

"It's not that grand, your highness, but it is still my pleasure to be complimented," Pier denied the claim but he still thanked Asher. The Crown Prince smiled at him and Pier felt annoyed with how friendly Asher was being with him.

"I'm glad to have been invited to this important celebration, your highness," Pier thanked Asher because he might make a small fortune from selling all the invitations that had golden markings the Crown Prince had sent.

"I thought you weren't going to come," Asher said with relief evident in his voice after seeing Pier come.

The young master looked at the Crown Prince for a second before speaking

"How could I not, your highness. With the amount of invitation you have sent, I will surely come," Pier said with a smile on his face.

'Forced to come, that is.' He thought behind his head.

Asher slightly frowned at Pier's words.

He wasn't prepared for these kinds of answers from the young master.

Not wanting to talk with Asher anymore, Pier immediately looked at the small boy that was silent in Raphael's arms.

"Gage!" Pier said as he crouched down to speak with the little noble.

"H-Hello..." Gage said as he blushed and his in Raphael's arms. Pier lightly laughed at the small boy's actions and he looked at Gage's older brother.

"Can I carry Gage, Sir Raphael?" He asked and Raphael only looked at him.

"I promise I won't drop Gage," Pier assured and Raphael hurriedly shook his head.

"It's not like that, young master! Of course, you can hold my younger brother!" He said nervously and allowed Pier to carry the young child.

"Hello, Gage. Do you still remember me?" Pier asked when Gage was in his arms. The young boy shyly nodded and looked up at Pier.

"Yes! I have been learning how to play the piano so I can play with you, good brother!" Gage said with sparkling eyes and Pier had to stop himself from squishing the boy in his arms because of how cute Gage was acting.

"Gage you can also play with me!" Elena butted in as she was being left in the conversation.

Pier snickered at Elena's obvious attempt to join the conversation.

"Yes, do you want to play with Lady Elena?" Pier asked the child but Gage did not reply.

Pier wanted to laugh but he also felt slightly bad for using Gage in pissing Elena off. The Lady had an unreadable expression on her face as the child did not answer her.