Chapter 81 - Awakening

"AAH!" Pier screamed as he ran for his life.

Behind him, trees were falling left and right as a ginormous monster that had huge claws and ferocious face ran on all fours and chased him.

The monster resembled that of a bear.

However, when Pier looked back at the monster, he slightly felt fearful of how monstrous it looked. Compared to the magical beast in the forest leading to the boundary which was mystical looking, this monster bear was gruesome and disgusting to look at.

It was multiple times bigger than the magical beast Pier fought at the Forest too.

"AAAH!" He screamed again as wind magic assisted his body and he swiftly moved.

He was being chased for a few minutes now and he did not know the way back to the third mountain since he got lost.

---

"Pier, where are you going?" Ciaran asked as he stopped the young master from getting out of the temporary house the vampires built for them again on the third mountain.

"Oh, I'm just going to look around," Pier said in a nonchalant manner and the vampire eyed him suspiciously.

Pier Belmiunde's chances of encountering something dangerous when he was alone were always high.

"Then I'll have some of the warriors accompany you," He explained and Pier's face frowned at the mention of having company.

"What? No!" He retaliated.

"Why not?!" Ciaran also asked.

"Can't the guy just be alone for a moment?" He asked in distress but the vampire prince looked like he would give Pier some warriors to accompany him while he goes outside.

"You can't go outside alone, Pier," Ciaran told him and Pier raised his eyebrows.

He was hard-headed. Pier was hard-headed at times especially when he wants to go out and have fun all by himself.

"Why not?"

"The third mountain is closer to the fourth mountain than you think. If you wander all alone you would could get lost and you'll find yourself on the fourth mountain," Ciaran explained and Pier's frown increased.

"Aish~ don't worry, vamps! I won't go too far!" He said while sporting a huge smile on his face.

Ciaran could not resist the cute and beautiful smile that Pier gave him which made his arms go weak for a moment.

His hand slipped from its grasp on Pier's cloak which made the young master take it as a sign for him to go out and wander alone.

"Pier-" but before he could even hear the vampire prince's words, Pier closed the door and used his wind magic to run out.

---

"AAAH!" He screamed again for the third time as the giant bear was running behind him. The ground constantly trembled as the bear's giant paws stomped on the earth beneath them.

Of course, because he was a hard-headed idiot, this is what he got for not listening to Ciaran.

He raised his right hand in the air while he ran and did not bother doing any chants as the white force that he used on the second mountain came out.

It was inconsistent because Pier was running so instead of huge clouds in the sky, small patches of white dots in the sky could be seen.

Huff