"Float Them." - The 100

Warnings: Knives, Suicide mention, killing, alcohol, blood

"It's a goodbye ritual of our ancestors. You sing to the dead, and put them out on the water, where they belong." I say calmly. "And what happens if you don't?" Clarke asks. "I do not know, no one has ever defied the rules of the ancestors before." I say putting away the book in a shelf.

"I'm sure someone has." Clarke says quietly. "Excuse me?" I say in a questioning tone, turning to face her. "There has to be someone who knows what happens if you don't put them in water." She shrugs, looking around for someone to agree with her.

"What she meant was, that's very unusual for us." Raven corrects her. I nod understandingly.

"Well I'm off to go find berries, Will, show these people around please." I say taking a handwoven basket and walking out of the house.

I set the basket down, picking the blueberries that sit vibrantly on the vine. I put them in the basket and repeat this process for a few minutes before I hear a large bang.

I duck, looking around frantically as whispers grow louder in my head. A couple more shots ring out as I panic.

I run through the forest. I make it back to the house as I open the door and stumble inside. I lock the door frantically.

I see no one as I rush upstairs to search for them. I open the door to the closets but alas is no one there.

"What-" I start to panic. Chest rising quickly as my breath hitches in my throat. I've never been alone on land before.

I run to my bed, lifting the mattress and grabbing the spear.

I run out of the house, and into the woods. I hear screams of pure horror throughout the trees.

"Bellamy!" I hear someone scream.

I duck into the bushes, waiting for someone to appear.

I see the group ducking, making their way back to the house.

I stand my ground, ready to throw the spear at anyone who sneaks behind them.

I see them carrying two people.

I drop the spear on the ground as I see Will's blond hair covered in blood.

They rush past me, into the house with Will and what seems to be Lani.

I run after them inside. "What happened?" I ask.

"We were in the forest and someone started shooting at us, they got hit." Bellamy explains.

I get the Med Kit, taking our bandages and wrapping them around their head. I can feel the stares of the group but I ignore them.

I put pressure on Lani's stomach wound. She groans in pain. "Good, you're awake." I say pushing down harder.

"I don't understand how you're not healing. You're royal blood is supposed to help you." I start to ramble.

She closes her eyes. "Stay awake, Lani." Raven checks her pulse. "Her pulse is slowing." She says.

I let go of the wound, checking her pulse for myself. "What do I do now?" I ask.

Clarke looks away. "Don't just stand there! What am I supposed to do?" I ask annoyed. "There's no saving her, but we can help Will." She says.

"What- What do you mean you can't save her?" I ask on the verge of tears. "Y/n." Raven grabs my hand before I reach for Lani again.

"I got her." Murphy picks her up over his shoulder, taking her outside.