Lucas Bertone

A/n: this wasn't supposed to go the way it went. If y'all want me to separate the first part and make it into its own thing lmk I got distracted

Tw: mentions of racism
-

You sit at the table and stare into nothingness as you stir the tea in your cup.

You hear the front door open and close. Lucas is home.

"Dollface? Where are you?" he says quite loudly through the house.

"Dining room!" you say, no emotion in your voice.

You can hear his boots against the wood as he walks up behind you. He strokes your hair and kisses your forehead.

"You alright?" he asks as he sits beside you and rests a hand on your exposed thigh.

You quickly move your leg away from him and harden your expression.

"Sweetheart?" he whispers. "What happened my love?"

"Ask your cousin. That bitch called me a slur."

Theres a silence that follows the last word.

A slur? It can't be. Amanda would never do that. Would she?

"You ain't gotta believe me. I don't care. But I ain't gonna stay where I'm not wanted. I'm goin' home. And if that don't work out I might move in with Sarah."

"Y/n, let's be rational. I'll talk to Amanda! I'll get her to apologize! Just please don't leave me here!" h begs as his blue eyes become glassy.

"Nah. Might just get the Don to scare her shitless. Maybe blow up her car. Set her house on fire....with her in it." you shrug.

"Y/n I don't care! Do what you want to her but please! I can't stay here alone! I need you!" he gets on his knees beside you and pleads.

"Lucas, I'm not tryin' to hurt you! I swear! I just can't take it no more!" you set down the cup and turn to him.

"This life is gonna get me killed! I've been stuck between a rock and a hard place way too many times. And you were the one who helped me out! Please!" he reasons.

You stand up and walk to your shared room, Lucas right on your trail.

You take out a bag and put it on the bed.

"Mother mary! Y/n, don't leave please! Can we talk about this! I'm sorry!"

You scoff. "That's your fuckin' problem! You white folks try to make up for what the rest of you do just to do it again!" You open the drawer forcefully and take out your clothes and stuff them into the bag.

"No no! Y/n! Wait!" He tried to stop you but you're already halfway down the hall with your bag.

He searches through the room before grabbing something and booking it to the door.

He stands in front of it, blocking you.

"Move." you demand.

"Please! Just listen to what I gotta say!"

He grabs your bag and throws it down the hall. Then he moves you back a little. You cross your arms in anger.

"Y/n, I've loved you ever since I laid eyes on that pretty brown skin and those pants that hugged you just right. My family accepts you as my lover. And even if they didn't. I don't care. I love you y/n, I can't speak for Amanda but believe me when I say you're the most important thing that's ever happened to me. I've talked to Tommy, Sam, Paulie, and the Don himself. Just to get permission to love and cherish you for the rest of my days."

You stare at him in awe.

"If we were closer to your family I'd ask your parents for their blessing. But I just can't wait any longer. This ain't a way to manipulate you into staying, but before you go, I want to show you how much I adore you and how much I care."

He gets down on one knee and holds out a box.

He opens it and inside is a diamond ring.

"Y/n L/n, will you take this ring and love me until we grow old and die together?"

"I-" you say nervously.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" You jump up and down as he places the ring on your finger.

He kisses you passionately and spins you in a circle.

"Oh my god! I have to tell the boys! And Sarah! And Ralphie! And Vinny!" you say excitedly.

"Dollface, let's calm down. We gotta handle the situation at hand first. Do you wanna leave? Or do you wanna get the Don involved?" He spins you around to face him as he placed his hands on your hips.

"Um..." you think for a moment. "I never wanted to leave. I wanna get the Don involved. But can we go see Paulie first?" you ask.

"That's alright with me, pretty." he kisses down your neck as you smile sheepishly.

"Mm~" you whimper as he kisses that one spot just right.

He grabs your ass and smacks it as he leaves wet kisses all over you.

You manage to playfully shove him and leave out the door. He grabs his jacket and follows.

- Paulie's Place -

You walk into the building to find two guys sitting by the elevator.

"Hey baby! You wanna come give me a show?! What else you gonna use that mouth for?!"

"To lick your mom up and down then spit in your face!" you smile.

"Come on." Lucas grabs your waist as you make your way up the stairs to Paulie's.

You knock on the door happily. Paulie opens the door with a beer in his hands.

"Hey! What are y'all doin' here?" he lets you in before you show him your ring.

"Ah! I see you finally worked up the courage to do it. It's about time!" he laughs loudly as he pays Lucas on the shoulder.

"I'm happy for you! So, when am I gonna become an uncle?" He sits back in his chair. You smack him on the shoulder.

"Shut up Paulie!" you all laugh.

"We just came by to let you know that I finally did it." Lucas smiles.

"I'm happy for you. Both of you. Now Scram! I expect to have a little niece or nephew by next year." he pushes the both of you out of the door.

"So....when are we gonna get busy?" he wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you into him.

"After this whole thing gets sorted out, Blue Eyes."