Part 48 |The strong will|

*3rd POV*

Natsu with fear and anger evident on his expression rushed towards the obvious power source, knowing Jellal had done something to get everyone killed. Jellal... the cause of his friends suffering. He was angry that Jellal was brought back to life, angry that Jellal would led another innocent life to fall into madness and death. He was afraid something would happened to his friends and companions, he knew Samael was going to follow Jellal. So why did something they were assign to protect and destroy just went out of the window under their watch? Did something happened to Samael yet again? He needed answers now. He needed to do something.

With Ren and Eve, they noticed as soon as that beamed of light appeared the trees around them were turning black. Something was taking the life out of the entire forest, they feared that Nirvana was awaken. And they knew it, but wanted to deny it. They were far away from everyone.

Lucy, Erza, Wendy, Hibiki, Happy and Carla stayed behind. Wendy blaming herself for resurrecting Jellal, but she felt like she had to. Lucy didn't know what to do, Erza was still knocked out from the poison. But Hibiki decided to go after Natsu, someone had to be the brain behind his foolish actions. But without them knowing Erza was gone, Hibiki knocked out Wendy, deciding all for them needed to go after Erza and Natsu.

"Nirvana turns light into darkness... I couldn't let Wendy swim into her negative thoughts if she wanted to fight for now. She would get corrupted." Hibiki explained. "Light..." Happy murmured. "... into darkness..." Carla added. "It switches them?!" Lucy finished in fear. Hibiki nodded, "Thats the final stage. The first thing that happens when it's seal is broken it shoots off black light."

He looked up to the obvious beamed at the center of the forest. "Exactly like that light there."

"Initially the black light takes people on the edge of light and darkness and makes them switch sides." He continue to explain. "People of the light with strong negative feelings... tumble into darkness."

Lucy, taking all this information, spoke, "So if this Nirvana gets to full power... then all of us are going to turn evil?" Happy added by asking if people of evil would turn good by their evil intentions. Hibiki thought about it, not really knowing if it can be that easily. "But the truly frightening part of Nirvana is that some of it can be controlled." Hibiki confessed. "If Nirvana were to be used on a guild... members of the guild might unscrupulously kill their comrades... or the guild might attack another for no reason. That can be easily accomplished with Nirvana."

"Unless we stop it quickly... all the guilds of light with be wiped out!"

~Back to Nirvana~

As Samael was contemplating on what to do, as Cobra was nearby and Jellal was unpredictable he didn't know what was the best solution.

Without anyone noticing Erza arrived, out of her previous outfit and back to her armor.

As Erza and Jellal stood in front of each other they knew something was wrong. He was repeating Erza's name over and over again.

"I... I don't know who I'm supposed to be... Erza, that name is all I remember... I don't remember anything at all!"

Erza, with tears on her eyes, stepped forward. With a rapid beat of his heart Jellal extended his hand towards her in panic. "D-Don't come any closer!!" He attacked Erza, pushing her backwards. Trail of blood rushing down her forehead, but she stood with no plan of backing out now.

Samael knew he had to be cautious, if he got out now who knows what Jellal was going to do. He had already awaken Nirvana even if he didn't remember his past life, who was to say he wasn't going to use it to kill them right then and there.

Erza explained Jellal's crimes to him, she prayed he was joking after all the pain he caused on his 'friends'. The pain he caused her. But she knew by the way he was talking that he wasn't lying, he indeed didn't remembered anything.

Cobra exited from his hiding place, he demanded to know why Jellal broke Nirvana's seal if he didn't remember any of his previous memories.

"While I was sleeping, I heard somebody's voice. It said, "Take control of Nirvana"... And I had a faint recollection of its magic and it's location. It's a dangerous magic, something that shouldn't fall into anyone's hand. So that's why... the only way to destroy it, was to first break its seal." Jellal confess.

"What?!" Cobra exclaimed, his eyes widened. This wasn't going according to their plans. Cobra decided to sprint towards Nirvana, already taken the form of an ancient building. But before he could a firm grasp hold him to his place by the neck. His companion, Cubellios, was also being held down by Fenrisúlfr.

"I wouldn't try and take another step if I was you." A deep deadly voice spoke behind him. Cobra slightly trembled in fear. Was this the guy Angel warned them about?

"S-Samael? What're you doing here?" Erza questioned, looking at him but also having Jellal on her peripheral vision. "I came as soon as Natsu told me Jellal was back, but it doesn't matter now. We have to destroy Nirvana." He replied, his hold on Cobra never faltering.

Jellal fell to the ground after explaining how this would be his way to atone for his sins, setting a self-destruct magic square on his own body as he did on Nirvana. Erza rushed towards Jellal's fallen body, just then Brain appeared.

"What is going on here...?" He took noticed of the self-destruct command on Nirvana and how one of his comrades was being held against his will. With a flick on his wrist the self-destruct square on Nirvana was destroyed. "How pitiful Jellal.. Nirvana is under my command!" Brain looked towards the dangerous magic item. "Awaken, Nirvana! Reveal your true form!"

The ground under them started to shake, a clear indication that Brain's command was taking its turn. Brain used his magic against Erza, who was coming towards him, and Samael who was holding Cobra. Brain needed him safe for his plan.

Before them, a creature-like building stood above the dying forest. It's seven legs holding it steady. Just in time for any of the legs could crush them, Samael took Erza and Jellal and climb the stone leg of Nirvana. Reassuring safety for them.

"I failed... to destroy it.." Jellal blamed himself. "No, it isn't over." Erza looked at one of the legs, seeing the other Fairy Tail wizards climbing it. Knowing that none of them would give up. "We haven't given up yet, our hopes are all tied together!" Erza smiled at the thought.

"We'll destroy Nirvana with our will." Erza looked at Jellal, the both of them smiling at the thought.

"I didn't saved you guys to be the third wheel now, you know..." Samael dead panned at the red hair made, who he loves as a sister, and Jellal.