Part 35 |Taking Her Death|

After Erza talked about her past and mentioning about Jellal's final acts. The others had more questions.

"Zeref... you mean that wizard from long ago who used Black Magic?" Gray asked. "Precisely, the legendary black wizard, known as the greatest evil in history of the magical word." Erza reaffirms. "When the demon came out of Lullaby... didn't he mentioned something about the book of Zeref? I also heard he said 'Master'.. could it be related?" Lucy asked. I flinched as she mentioned Lullaby's words. "That isn't all. The demon from the Demon Isle, Deliora, is also from the book of Zeref." Erza stated, making Gray flinch as he started to remember Deliora's last encounter.

"They say that Zeref has enough power to easily creat frightening and devilish creatures like those. Those that mean... that Jellal is trying to revive this Zeref?" Juvia asked with slight terror in her eyes. I scoffed at her question and worry. Everyone changed their attention towards me. "Do you think the opposite, Samael?" Gray asked, raising his eyebrow. "You say Jellal might try to revive Zeref.. but that's not happening." I said while crossing my arms. "Why is that..?" Lucy asks. "They say he's dead.. but that's just a mere rumor. To make the new generation feel safe. But don't take my word for it." I said looking at them with a stoic expression, hiding my slight anger and irritation. "How are you so sure it's just a rumor?" Gray asks. "... I'm not." 'If I say more they'll start suspecting..' "If he was the 'greatest evil wizard' of all time, how can he die so easily? But like I said, don't take my word for it." I looked at Gray with intensity reflected on my eyes, but I quickly looked away as he became a little uneasy.

"In any case.. I need to stop Jellal. Rumor or not, I will not take the chance." Erza said.

*Big Timeskip because... I'm somewhat lazy*

There were three minutes left until Etherion was launched. Erza had run ahead of me. 'Dammit! She's going to do something she'll regret..!' I ran as fast as I could.

When I arrived at the top of the tower Erza was pinning Jellal to the ground.

"Erza!! Get away from him!" I screamed at her. She looked at my direction but was pushed away as Jellal stood up ready to attack back. Erza managed to block the attacks but was slowly being pushed to the edge. With the 'Devil's Shield' up I grabbed her before she could fall. The Devil's Shield would break with the constant attacks. I tch'ed and fought back. "God's Reflect!" All of Jellals attack were sent back to him. Knocking him away.

"S-Samael! What're you doing here?! Etherions going to be launch in any second now! I told you I would end this!" Erza said as she grabbed my arm to look at her. "So you can die in the process? No.. you said you can't change your fate, that you will die here and the world will not hear of you again. Then I will change your fate." I told her. Full seriousness on my tone.

There was light surrounding the whole tower. "Etherion..." I murmured. I looked at Jellal and then Erza. "Erza, be careful. Take Jellal and get away as far as possible." I instruct her. "W-What? What do you mean?! What're you going to do?!" She asks nervously as we can feel the magic pressure form Etherion. "Erza there's no time! Take him and leave!" I tell her but she still doesn't listen. With mere seconds left I push her far from where I was standing, quickly putting her under the Devil's Shield, and Jellal too.

"SAMAEL! NO! GET ME OUT!!" She screams but I just ignore her.

I stood in the middle on the top Tower floor. Inhaling and exhaling deeply. "Typhon.. led me your power..." A sudden rush passed through my veins, feeling the immense power of the Demon within me. The famous black markings rushing to my right side of my face. As soon as I felt this familiar power rushing through my body I summoned ten big shields above the tower. Taking the blow from the launcher Etherion, the whole building started to shake from the sudden magic pressure.

"SA...SAMAEL! PLEASE STOP! DON'T DO THIS!!" I could Erza's faint cries in the background. The ceiling of the Tower started to crumbled and pieces fall on where I was standing. I could feel three of my shields down. "Erza... I'm doing this for you. I'm doing this for everyone. No matter what, I can't let this building be hit with Etherion." I said as another shield was down.

"What're you saying..?" Erza asked. "There are other ways to get rid of this tower.. but to choose Etherion is really suspicious... To revive anyone you would need a great amount of magic, not just the user or someone else's magic. But the magic of Etherion..." I said, struggling now as another two shields broke down. "The magic of Etherion would be use to revive Zeref...?" She asked. "Y..Yes, it will help to do that.. now.."

Three more shields broke down, making me fall to my knees. "SAMAEL!!" Erza screamed with tears falling down her cheeks. "Erza promise me.. promise me you'll take care of the others for me-"
"NO! YOU'LL NOT DIE!!" She yells even louder, banging the shield to break it. "My red knight... we'll meet again.." I let a small smile creep on my face as my last shield broke. Letting the last seconds of Etherion hit the tower, making a whole on the floor where I stood.

We'll meet again....
Because I will not die.
Not again.
Not this time.