Part 18 |Another Master Mind|

{Fun Fact: Samael was the one who started Erza's love for strawberry cake. After she had seen him eating a strawberry sundae, he had told her many strawberry desserts. Eventually making her a strawberry cake.}

After Gray told us about his story with Lyon and his teacher Ur and soon we were ambushed by some creepy guys cover in white clothing. Erza and Lucy stayed behind to fight and told Gray to go. Erza told me to tag along if anything happened.

If I have to be honest, I didn't had any idea that Deliora would be so... close. It's been ages since I herd about it.

We arrived at the temple but it was... tilted. Must be Natsu again. *sighed* and indeed it was Natsu's doing. He was fighting against another snow mage, probably Lyon.

"Natsu... Let me be the one to take him down." Gray said. "What! You already lost once!!" Natsu said angrily, probably because he wanted to fight. "There won't be any more after this. This is the final battle." Gray responded.

Gray lecturer Lyon talking about how he was blamed for his teachers death. But in reality Lyon was being more of an asshole by letting his people in danger and not caring. Only by getting his revenge.

"You and I will receive our punishment together!!" Gray exclaimed and he got into a position with both of this arms infront and crossed. His left hand under his right arm, with his hand up and right hand facing down.

"Wha- Iced Shell?!" Lyon exclaimed terrified. Natsu looked at me for an explanation but I didn't know what's Iced Shell.

"Have you gone insane?!!" Lyon asked Gray. "Turn the people of this island back into their original form and get your minions off of this island!! This is the final chance I'm giving you." Gray said with a serious tone. "Heh, using your magic as a threat.. pitiful!" Lyon said.

But Gray was serious, he wasn't gonna take this as a joke. Suddenly he put more magic into his spell and an icy wind surrounded him. Pushing us a little far. It didn't do much but I got ahold of an icy wall behind me just Incase.

Lyon still mocked Gray about not really meaning to use the spell, but he was wrong. Gray was about to finish the spell when Natsu stopped him by punching him. Then he went on talking about Gray stealing his fight and they started to argue like usual. Natsu ended up telling him that dying does not mean finishing a battle, it's just running away from it.

And just then the whole temple started to shake. Someone must have make it back to normal.

"Ho ho ho!! Evening is almost upon us! It was time to for the ruin to go back to normal!" A small old man appeared behind Lyon. He had a weird mask following some fur behind it. Lyon addressed him as Zalty. But I knew this magic presence... that ain't no old man.

"Now, we must get the Moon Drip ceremony underway!!" He exclaimed and left running. "He again?! Stop right there!!" Natsu exclaimed as he started to run behind him, but I stopped him.

"Huh? Why you stopped me Samael?!" He tried to get out of my grip but I hold him in the air. "I'm going behind.. that thing. You stay with Gray." I said. "Why?! I wanted to beat his ass!" He said while pouting. "No, I'll handle it." I let Natsu on the ground and patted his head. "Make sure that idiot doesn't get killed." I said while walking towards where the guy walked off to.

~****~
After some running I got the old man's scent and found him as I turn into a corner.

"Ho ho ho! Looks like you found me!" The masked old man said. He stretched his arm towards the ceiling where I was about to run and it immediately started to collapsed. I readied my first in the air and punched the bricks that were about to hit me.

"Some mere rocks won't hurt me." I said to him. Just then the rocks started to float back to the ceiling, repairing like nothing happened.

"I assume to restored the ruins like this?" I questioned him even though I know the answer. "Ho ho! Very clever!" He laughed. "My magic is pretty powerful and ancient, and pretty much like yours too..." I sternly look at him. "What do you mena by that?" My hand formed into a fist. "Don't mind that~! Catch me if you can!"

".... and he's gone again." I said as I looked around. "Dammit, I didn't know they knew that much. Gotta find him quick."

~***~

I got a hold of it's scent and it direct me below the ruins. I saw the crazy mask old man looking at Deliora... it was frozen. Most likely the Iced Shell that Gray mentioned. I walked behind him and spoke.

"I found you~" he turned around quickly and jumped to make a distance. "How did you know I'd be here?" He asked. "Did you forgot I got a good nose. Also you reek of perfume, not a thing you would want to have in your disguise huh?"

"I should've known you were about to come here. Always ruining surprises" he laughed. "Why are you like that? What chimes are you guys planning now?" I asked as I tried to get closer. "Nothing for you to worry about~ I don't have a problem telling you, as you know, we know your little secret. If you try to expose us we'll expose you first!" He laughed maniacally. I growled in annoyance.

"But I have no time to chit chat, I have to revive Deliora!" He looked towards Deliora. "Hah, just in time~!" He exclaimed happily.

I looked behind me and saw purple light was falling towards Deliora. The ice starting to melt and exposing its shoulder.

"You knew I would follow you so I wouldn't try to stop the ceremony?" I asked as I make a step forward. But was quickly interrupted as I got pushed to the ground. But I restrain and only fall to my knees. "Heh, you could say that. But now you're stuck here with me! And Deliora would surely be revived!"