Part 38 |The Fallen Angel|

*3rd POV*

Samael had slept the whole day, regaining more energy for his strained body. The siblings went to check on him for dinner, but seeing he wasn't going to wake up they left him to rest. The next day they checked on him in the morning, he was already awake.

Samael woke up feeling refresh, the contrary from the day prior. He could feel his body somewhat lighter. He could feel the magic coming back to him rather quickly. He even checked if he was wounded but was glad he didn't saw any. Though he just now noticed he didn't had his usual jacket, leaving him shirtless. A cute and charming voice interrupting him from his thoughts.

"Samael-chin! How are you feeling?" Elaine asked Samael. He didn't realized at first but she had put a childish honorific on him. "...chin?" He asked confused. "Elaine calls people that when she likes them. And apparently you appearing here automatically makes her like you." Harlequin mentioned as he was bringing a tray with a bowl filled with a warm liquid. Elain nodded at her brother. "We brought you food. We didn't disturbed you yesterday since you fell asleep, but you have to eat so you leave as fast as possible." He said putting the tray next to Samael. "Looks like you don't really like me, huh." Samael said, picking up the bowl. "Well we don't see many people on the ground really beaten up around here." Harlequin replied. This made a dry chuckle to escape from Samael's mouth. "Yet you let this beaten up stranger into your house and give shelter and food." This made Harlequin's cheeks heat up in embarrass. "W-Well we aren't bad people! Besides if you're here means the forest wanted to, we have no say in it."

After Samael ate, thanking the siblings, he had questions about the common.. forest they were talking about with such respect. "You keep saying that the forest saved me.. what exactly do you mean by that?" He asked at the siblings. "Not really surprised you don't know about the forest. It's like a forgotten legend." Harlequin stated with a tint of sadness at his last sentence. "Why don't we take this outside? You'll see why we speak so highly of the forest." Elaine explained with a smile while holding Samael's hand. Helping him get up, without any problem they went outside of their small cottage.

When they were outside they saw the bright sun shining above them, illuminating the green-ish forest. Almost like giving it life. Many birds were flying or just taking a quick bath on a small pond. The dragonflies flying on top of said pond. That alone gave a refreshed feeling to the trio. "It's beautiful isn't it? Even though it just a small portion of the forest." Elaine said with pure proudness. The siblings walk ahead, signaling Samael to followed them. He could see that animal reside inside this mysterious and forgotten forest. Deers, bunnies, foxes, and many more. They continued their walk, but stopped in a small clearing. Beautiful bright flowers all around the clearing, a small pond filled with many types of fishes, trees and bushes filled with fruits. "This is the true beauty of the forest."

This sight was somewhat familiar to Samael, his chest felt warm and fuzzy. It was the same feeling when you come back home. But that feeling was accompanied with bitterness. "This forest has a tale. A long lost tale that was once mentioned throughout the land. Do you wish to hear it?" Elaine asked as she sat down under the shade of a tree, alongside her brother. Samael sat in front of her, he didn't said anything but nodded to her.

"Long ago... it was said that this forest was made by the angels. Those who reside above us in the sky, in Heaven. Angels who once cherished humans with all their heart, the ones who protected us from evil. You must've felt it, Samael, but this forest holds pure magic." Elaine said with a side notice. Samael realize the whole forest was flowing with pure magic, hence why he was healing really fast. Elaine continued. "One day one of the many Angels reside in this same spot, relaxing. It was said that the angels couldn't come into contact with the humans, for some reason. Unexpectedly a human had appeared at the same time the Angel was here.The angel should've run away to the Heavens.. but he didn't. He felt a great amount of sadness, pain and grieve from the human. He stayed, he wanted to learn why. So he went against the rules to stay close to the human." Harlequin decided to continued the story. "This was unnoticed by the other beings above. The angel and the human continued to see each other. The human told the Angel his lost, he had lost his family by the ferocious mythical creatures than once roam in our realm. The Angel wish to help him... so he did. He did everything for this human. Which let the Angel to have the worst punishment ever, by-"

"By being banished from the Heavens. Loosing his holy powers he treasure the most." Samael interrupted Harlequin, continuing what he was surely going to say. This made Harlequin a little bit confused as to how he knew about the forgotten tale. "Yes... even if the Angel lost his title and his holy powers.. he continued to help the human. We forgot what exactly happened after that but along the way the human betrayed the Angel. We believe the Angel met a horrible fate after that.." Elaine said with slight full eyes. It looked like this story really saddened her. But it was just a part of the story, the story goes for much more... a tale that hasn't met its end. Samael scoffed but it was heard by the siblings. "The Angel was a fool, he shouldn't have help the human. Heck he shouldn't have left the Heavens in the first place." Samael's statement made Harlequin mad and Elaine confused. "I-It might be true! But he did it for his love for humans. There must be a reason why the human betrayed him in the first place!" She exclaimed, defending the human from the story. "The Angel did nothing to that scum. The Angel was very loyal to that human, just for him to end up being backstab. He's suffering because of the human, that's why the other Angels wouldn't come down and save one of their own. It was his mistake and he will live with it until the end." Samael said with a frown, anger evident on his voice.

"Why you... tell me, why are you saying that as if said Angel from a forgotten legend is still walking in our world. You're talking as if you know the entire story." Harlequin said while skeptically looking at him. His doubts grew more when he heard Samael angered comment. Samael turn around to look at the clearing. He stood up, never leaving his gaze from the bed of colorful flowers. "Because he still walks in this horrible world. He's still suffering from the curse the he placed on him. He relieves the same pain from more than 400 years ago... regretting his mistake over and over again. Until he destroys the one who placed his curse, he will not rest." Samael glance back, with his dull cobalt blue eyes, to the siblings.

Elaine saw the pain on his eyes, every pain she could imagine. It now clicked. She could feel the tears falling down her cheeks. "It's you... isn't it..? The Fallen Angel from the legend.."