Part 43 |Fireworks|

*3rd POV*

After Samael reunited with the guild, at night, everyone prepared for the parade. The event was filled with laughter, smiles and fireworks. Like nothing happened.

Laxus, being expelled, watch from afar. He couldn't participate, but it's not like he wanted to. It wasn't his type. He felt happy, that even if he tried to break them apart, they were together again. Like a family.

He began to shed tears as everyone in the parade lifted their arms, the sign that Laxus invented years ago.

'Even if I can't see you, even if you're far away.. Now and forever, I'll be looking out for you.'

His grandfather will always love him, and would wait for him. But for now, he must go and face many trials to be himself once again.

But before Laxus left the town, he was stopped by his fellow guild mate.

"Aww, Laxus, I didn't knew you were a crybaby." Samael teased. Laxus quickly wiped his tears away. "Tch, why're you here? Aren't you supposed to be with them?" Laxus asks, continuing waking. "You know that's not my type." He shrugged. Laxus stopped, looking at Samael directly to his eyes. "You'll protect them, right?" He asks, receiving a quick nod from his former guild mate. "I promise, didn't I?"

And with that, Laxus left. He bid farewell to his friends from the thunder legion.

After the parade finished with Fairy Tail's performance, the town was preparing he final fireworks. Samael walked back to where the others were and he was tackled by a blur of white.

"Samael! Let's go! The fireworks are going to start!" The feminine and cheerful voice said with excitement. It was Mirajane, who didn't even let him say anything as she began to drag him.

There was a clearing with many citizens waiting for the sky to be colored with flashy colors. And just with a whistle, the firework show started. Everyone began to cheer and admire them, but as they did that they began to be more pushy and rowdy.

"Hmph! With all this people I can't see anything!" Mira said while pouting, she was being towered by the citizens arms. "At this point I'll miss the fireworks!" Mirajane continued pouting. Waving her arms in a childish manner. Samael looked around for any chair or table Mirajane could stand on, but they were either occupied or missing. So he got an idea.

"Mira." He called to her. She turned around and hum in question. "Stay still." He says, Mira looked confused and was about to say something. She shrieked as she felt the familiar strong grip from two big hands lifting her up. She closed her eyes instinctively, waiting for anything to happen. Samael had placed her on his shoulder, he waited for any response but noticed she had her eyes closed. "Mira, open your eyes." And she did what he requested. She was disoriented for a moment, but when she looked down she now noticed where she was. Automatically she grabbed onto his arms that were holding her up.

"S-Samael?! W-What're you doing?!" She exclaimed, flustered. "You wanted to see the fireworks, right?" He said while looking directly to her eyes. Mira's eyes widen as she realized the act of kindness he has made. Samael change his gaze towards the sky. "You once told me you liked fireworks, because they were pretty. That they were like flowers of the sky... you were right." He admitted to her. Her cheeks became pink, never she would guess Samael would like something like this. She was enjoying this, she was happy. At least he was back, and she was glad she managed to be with him in this moment.

As she was looking at the sky, Samael was eyeing her from the corner of his eyes. Admiring the childish looked she had. It looked... cute. His head turned towards her direction without him realizing. His chest was getting warmer, he enjoyed this. But it wasn't because of the fireworks, it was her. He found happiness in watching her. Watching her enjoy the smallest things. She would always look cheerful at the guild, no doubt, but this type of happiness was unique. He was feeling selfish suddenly, he wanted that warm and lovingly gaze of hers to be towards him and not the fireworks.

As if Mirajane noticed his gaze, she turn and looked down at him. Giving his a big smile. "Thanks Samael!" Her smile was the widest smile he had ever since, not even in the guild he has seen her smile so happily.

As soon as the fireworks ended, people stared to scatter around. Samael had lowered Mirajane from his shoulder. He slowly put her down so that she could set her foot on the ground. He loosely kept his arm on her back, and she had her hand on his forearm. She now had to looked up and said, "The parade this year was something else, eh?" She asked him in which he nodded.

They kept looking at each other's eyes, not having the will to break apart nor to say anything. It was as if they were in a powerful trance. Their bodies were close, they would almost feel each other's warmth. They didn't wanted to move, just looking at each other for eternity; but they were interrupted by the a loud shout coming their way.

"Samael!" The two young wizards who were interrupted looked to their side, meeting with the known Salamander and his group. "Glad to know you appeared for the parade!" Natsu said with his known smile. Erza sighed and lightly grabbed his shoulder. "Natsu please calm down... sorry, did we interrupted something?" Erza kindly asks, receiving a quick shake from Mirajane. "Oh, no no! Don't worry." She assures them.

They wanted to make a small party on Lucy's apartment, but Samael couldn't attend. "Why's that?" Mirajane asked him. "Master told me to inform the Magic Council about my 'resurrection'" Samael said with a small smirk. "Is that so... then we'll leave you for the night." Erza said.

They bid their goodbyes and walked in different directions.