Chapter Eleven

Harry Styles

"Sing with me, if it's just for today, maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away"

Halle and I finished the song and the crowd erupted into a roar of cheers and screams, shouting our names left right and centre the very second the last chord was played. Halle looked much less nervous tonight, it looked like she enjoyed it much more and the confidence was prevalent in her voice tonight.

I enjoy singing with her, I've been my own in this career for so long, singing up here by myself that I never have sung with anyone else. It's a nice change, I wouldn't do it full time, but I like the idea of having maybe one cover song that features another artist. Perhaps for the next album that could be considered.

Before Halle exits the stage, I stand with her under my arm and take the mic off of the sound, waiting for the audience to fall close to silent again so I can ask them a massive favour.

"As you're all aware, Halle and I are nominated for some AMA's." I smirked, and immediately the crowd applauded us. I could feel Halle look at me confused, but sometimes when you're given the opportunity to convince people to vote for you, you need to take it.

My tour ending so close to the beginning of the award season was tactical, of course it was.

"All the information you need for voting is in pretty much any magazine you pick up. You can vote for multiple categories with just one phone call if you tell them at the start of the call you want to vote for more than one category, on your way out tonight there will be leaflets with all the information for you."

Halle shook her head, maybe finding me begging them to vote for us a little much, but if you're given the chance you need to take it. If people think it means something to you they'll vote, and although it isn't about winning, it would still be pretty damn good.

"Make sure you vote for Halle and I in all the awards we are nominated for, and I'll give you all a new single as soon as I can." I wink, and once again the crowd cheered so I turned to Halle and finally allowed her to head off stage so I could get on with the concert.

She's bound to win at least one of the awards she's nominated for, and I think it'll be best upcoming female artist. Those are some pretty tough awards to win, best rock single means she's up against all of the rock bands who have been doing this for years, and there's never been a woman who has won that award. The upcoming female artist however, has to go to Halle. I looked at who else was nominated and I've never heard of half of them. Sam says two of them are country singers, one's a pop star and the other isn't even a newcomer, so if she wins it then it's fucking rigged. Halle will get that award, she has to.

I let Halle use the phone before I did today, and I could hear the excitement in her voice as she told whoever was at the other end of the line, presumably her dad and  maybe her sister too. It's nice to see how much things like that mean to people. It shows how much she deserves it and from an artist's perspective, there's no doubt that she does.

**

"To our fucking AMA award winners!" Mick cheered, holding up his glass of champagne in the bar we've ventured out to tonight so we can celebrate being nominated.

We all held up our glasses, all of us besides Halle. Instead she stood beside me with hers in her hand, glaring at him as if to say 'I haven't won yet', but every single one of us know she'll walk out of the award ceremony with a trophy, so I put my hand over the top of hers and held it up so she could join in the cheers.

I changed after the show, changed into a pair of white jeans and a black shirt with my red shoes and Halle's scarf tied around my neck. I have a stylist now apparently,  and the red scarf, red shoe combo was his idea, it just so happens that this red scarf isn't mine.