Chapter Fifteen

Halle Henry

The American Music Awards are in three days, and holy crap am I excited. I've never been to anything like it before, let alone nominated for an award. I can't wait to see all the different musicians and all of the celebrities, because I still feel like a little girl who should be seeing these people on TV, not in person.

Since the tour finished, I haven't really seen much of Harry like I expected, he's been doing all these interviews and what not. I have been doing close to nothing, reading the books I told myse;lf I would a long time ago, cleaning up my apartment left unattended for the last two weeks, and just taking care of myself. I've done more face masks in the past couple of days than I have in my whole life. It's been great.

Right now though, I'm headed to a meeting with Mick, the label, my band and apparently some people from a different company. Mick didn't tell me much, he just told me to meet him there and we'd discuss things together. I don't really know how the business side of things work, which is why I'm lucky to have Mick I suppose.

He was waiting outside of the meeting room for me, and when we caught eyes an excited grin appeared on his face. I haven't seen much of him either, we've all taken a little break from work but I guess that break only did last a couple of days.

"Good news." He states excitedly as I approach. "There are people from the American Music Award entertainment team inside waiting for us."

Confused, I tilt my head before saying what felt like the only logical reason. "For Harry? Or one of the other-"

"Nope. For you, Halle." Mick smirks, turning away to open the door. "You'll see."

I stepped in, my mind full of curiosity however when I was met with the unfamiliar men in their well pressed suits, I felt slightly intimidated. I don't like when someone tries to intimidate me, so I acted as if I wasn't scared, I acted like a 'don't give a shit' rock star.

I took my place at the table after giving everyone a friendly smile, to which they just stared at me like I was dirt. If I was Harry Styles, a big, famous money making musician they'd be shaking my hand ther second I walked in the door. Then again, even if I was big and famous, they wouldn't shake my hand because I'm a woman.

Mick stood at the end of the table with his folder and his pen tucked behind his ear, waiting to speak. On my side of the room, I recognised everyone but opposite me, I had no clue who these people were.

"Halle, across from you are members of the American Music Award entertainment team. They came to make a proposition and it has been decided that you will be performing at the award show in place of Celia who dropped out yesterday." Mick told me, trying to hold back his smile as he spoke the most formally I've ever heard him speak before.

"What?" I respond confusedly, unsure of whether this is a joke or they're trying to test me to see if I can make effective industry related decisions.

Celia is one of the biggest pop stars at the minute. Her set at the AMA's was supposed to be the one everyone is looking forward to. Replacing her with me is not justifiable, they should use Harry. Everybody likes Harry Styles. I mean not everybody, but he's been a rockstar for so long, he doesn't care. I'd be a nervous wreck up there on national television.

"Halle, My name is Michael Smith. I'm the guy in charge of the entertainment for the awards and I make all the final decisions." A man speaks from across the table, standing up to pace around the room with his hands tucked into his trouser pockets. "You have something special, and you have potential."

I looked over at Mick for a little help, but he was just smiling at me all proudly with his hands in his pockets. So I turned back to Michael, listening carefully to what he has to say before I react in a completely unjustifiable way.