Chapter Fourteen

Halle Henry

Tonight, instead of heading back to a hotel or to sleep on a bus, we're back at our apartments in LA. I've never been so glad to be back somewhere familiar and I know it was only two weeks, but it's still such a good feeling to walk back into your own apartment again. Well, it's my apartment given to me by my label, but it's still my home away from home.

It was strange to be helping the crew back things up into the storage building belonging to the label and not a bus for a change. They told Harry and I to go out, but I wanted to help because this whole tour has been amazing, and I was so anxious about how I'd be away with people I don't know, and they were all so amazing with me. So I stayed to help them and Harry did too, for the first time apparently.

We were all absolutely knackered after the show, because we went all out, and it took a good few hours to move everything back to the storage unit, but it was a good bonding experience I guess. It just goes to show just how many things and people are needed behind the scenes to make things work.

Going out tonight wasn't really on the table for me, all I can think of is my bed, and phoning my dad and sister to say I made it through the tour alive and to ask them to come over to LA for the AMA's. I'd pick a phone call with my family over a party any day, because I know one day I'll never get to come off stage and call my dad, and I don't want to live with regrets.

Before I do head up though, I decide to have a smoke and although we're allowed to smoke in our apartments, I don't want to because when I leave, I don't want the next person to have a room that reeks of smoke. So I head outside, feeling safe enough to do so considering we're no longer in a hotel on the main streets of Vegas or San Diego.

It's nice to be alone and not worry about someone screaming your name with their notepad and pen, then again, that is just a small price to pay or the career I'm in. Everything does come at a compromise I guess.

There was a guy approaching me, with his hands in his pockets unaware of the building he was currently walking by. He didn't look like he knew who I was and I don't think he cared either. I like that.

"Shit, you're that girl. Halle Henry, right?" He said, stopping in front of me all shocked.

Spoke too soon, as always.

"Yeah, that's me." I smiled back at him, blowing a cloud of smoke away in the opposite direction so the man didn't get a face full of smoke in case he wasn't a smoker.

I don't mind interactions like this, in fact I quite like them. Maybe it's because I'm so new in the industry and I don't have a lot of these experiences, but it's nice to talk to people who enjoy your music and appreciate you as a person. The people from the tabloids don't really care, they only care about themselves and how much money they can make, people you pass on the streets are different.

"I just voted for you actually, strange coincidence." He said, smiling as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Really? I appreciate that, thank you so much." I replied, unable to keep the smile off of my face. "Honestly, it means the world to me, thank you."

"Could you sign something for me? I have a pen, erm just-"

"Yes, of course!" I exclaimed.

I can't believe people want me singing things, as if I'm an A-list celebrity or something. It's crazy, and I don't understand or believe it, but I'm so happy to oblige. Especially when it's people like this, the ones that are polite and not just extremely crazy people that scream and cry when you don't do something. I haven't experienced that yet, but Harry has, I've seen it and it's fucking wild.