Chapter Twenty Nine

Harry Styles

I dropped my mum off at LAX this morning after we went for a very hungover breakfast. She wondered where I disappeared off to last night, and before I even opened my mouth, she told me she knew I was with Halle. She has a sixth sense for that kind of thing.

My mum went on and on about how Halle is so 'cute' and how she's so talented. She then said Halle could pass as being a model with 'those legs' and that she is one of the loveliest people I've introduced her to since being in LA. She loves her record, and I do too, I mean, who doesn't?

She's been all over the radio this morning. I've heard the name Halle Henry so many times outwith my own mind that I just can't comprehend it. She isn't just the girl who open dmy tour anymore, she's somebody who's going to change the whole music industry without even realising it.

Driving back to the apartment, I was just listening to the radio and then, the host started talking about Halle and her album. I started smiling, a strange feeling of pride surged over me as I whispered to myself 'that's our Halle'. I don't know who 'our' is, it just feels better than saying 'my' Halle like I sometimes imagine.

Then they started talking about last night and the paparazzi pictures where we had our middle fingers up to the paps. I was worried people were going to take it negatively, but the radio hosts started saying how it was 'iconic' and that it's one of those pictures that'll become posters and that people will hang up on their bedroom walls, like all those paparazzi pictures of Cher.

I did see the picture they're on about, I saw it this morning when I was out for breakfast with my mum. I'm standing looking at the camera square one with both of my middle fingers up at them, Halle is standing side on, giving them just one middle finger which, due to the angle of the camera, is right in front of her face. Her red outfit, the little red dress with the knee high boots make it look ten times better. It looks like a staged photo, and to be honest, it's one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen.

I'm not biased, I swear.

When I got back, everyone was in the lounge. Everyone, meaning Halle, Mitch, Sarah, Adam, Mick, Sam and some of the tech guys and producers that work for both Halle and I. Sam took to his feet the second I walked in with a smile on his face and his arms out, which is rare. It really isn't often Sam is all positive and walking towards me with his arms open.

"Harry." He states, placing his hands on my shoulders. "You're nominated for two Grammys."

My heart dropped, it took me a whole ten seconds to realise what Sam had actually just told me. My heart rate must've been beating at double the speed and if I've never had an out of body experience before, well I definitely have now.

"And the Maritime awards in New York, you're up for two as well." Sam says, his smile telling me just how big this was.

I remember him telling me I was dying down and that Halle was the labels new priority. It's why they rushed me into her studio so quickly. Now I'm up for two Grammys, it shows that I wasn't dying down, people still listen to me and people think I could win a fucking Grammy. People think I could win two.

"Holy fuck." I said, still in disbelief. "Seriously?"

"Harry fucking Styles is up for two Grammys!" Sam cheered, pulling me in for a brotherly hug which I immediately gave back to him.

It's strange how the feeling of being told you're nominated for an award never changes with how much time you spend as an artist. It still feels so surreal. To be nominated for two Grammys is an absolute blessing, it was my dream as a child and now here I am. If there wasn't a room full of people, I'd probably cry.