Chapter Forty Six

Halle Henry

Harry drove us to the middle of nowhere, literally. He drove us to the top of a hill, and we walked down to sit with a view over the entirety of Los Angeles. I didn't know he was taking us here, he just drove and held my hand, letting the wind blow through our hair as if we weren't dressed to the nines and had just come from a movie premier.

We laid down on the grass, staring up at the sky above us hand in hand, surrounded by the tall grass and daisies, lit up by nothing but the moon shining above us. Just lying there beneath the stars with Harry, him holding onto my hand so tightly, it felt as if that was all turmoil in my life gone. Peace is something I feel so often around Harry, it's like every thought in my mind goes away and is replaced by nothing but the picture of his smile.

Harry then lifted his arm, the one that wasn't against mines holding my hand against his chest, and he started to wave. I was confused, I lifted my head to look around, perhaps somebody was approaching, but no, there was nobody there. I looked at Harry confused, however he remained looking up at the stars, waving like he was saying hello to a friend.

"What are you waving at?" I ask, propping myself up on my elbow, looking at his peaceful face which is devoid of any imperfection in my eyes.

Harry rolls his head to the side, looking at me with half a smile, "Your dad."

My. Heart.

I felt my heart start to melt, turn to liquid in my chest and the muscles in my cheeks forced me to smile at him with the happiest, cheesiest grin ever. He said it like it was normal, like it was natural for him and that he wasn't trying to make me smile, and it made the whole thing so much sweeter, because it didn't seem like an act.

My cheeks burned with joy, as I kissed him on the cheek excitedly and laid back down next to him with butterflies taking flight in my stomach, sending waves of indescribable happiness through my body. "Harry, I think you are the sweetest person in the entire world, you know."

"Wave to your father Halle, don't be rude." Harry chuckles, waving my hand on my behalf which made me laugh. "And I don't know. I don't think there are many people who would agree with you on that Hal."

I prop myself back up on my elbow, looking down at Harry and moving that singular curl off his forehead as he lays there in his blue suit looking fancier than ever. "I think more people would agree with me if you let them see the real you."

As most people, I thought Harry was this intimidating, scary, mean rock star, because that's the way he is presented in the media; a rock star who's life revolves around drugs, sex, and rock and roll. I was so scared to go on tour with him, but look at us now. He let me in, he trusted me and he allowed me to see who he actually is. He's just this guy who has a massive heart, who loves his family, and holds peoples hands when it isn't necessary.

Whilst he does smoke 24/7, play guitar and live like a total rock star, he isn't just that, and I think it's actually pretty sad that there are people out there who think that's all he is. If they could see him like this, lying beneath the stars holding my hand, baking cupcakes and writing our initials on them, they'd think he was a completely different person.

"Yeah, well you're the first person I've actually like...I don't know." He pauses letting out an exhausted sigh. "I didn't even know I had this whole other side of me until I started spending time with you."

His eyes met mine, and a genuine, innocent smile took over his face. Once again,. It felt like my heart completely shattered, yet started expanding at the same time. Part of me is honoured that I helped him discover this new side of himself, but it's also incredibly sad that he needed somebody to help him see that.