Chapter Forty Three

Halle Henry

"I love you."

My heart swells each time I hear it, excitement courses through my veins and I get all giddy, just like when I was a teenager busking and someone would toss a 20 pence coin into my guitar case on the ground. I don't think there is a better feeling than being loved and appreciated.

"I love you too."I chuckled, pulling the girl forward into my arms after signing a poster for her.

I've been standing speaking to people who were just at my show for half an hour now, trying to get around all of those who waited. I still think it's so odd that people get excited to see me and then freak out when I approach them and talk to them, because in my head I'm still little miss nobody from London.

It's something I'm very grateful for though. I really appreciate them telling me how much they like my album, because it goes to show how much my hard work has paid off and that my record has served its purpose. These people here who have listened and enjoyed my album, mean the entire world to me.

"Can you sign this?" Somebody asked, handing me their book 'One Hundred Years of Solitude' open on the title page.

I chuckled and signed it, handing it back to the lady whilst still talking to the smaller group of teenage girls who were all excited and happy, it made me smile. They were so friendly and I';d talk to them all night if I could.

It makes me sick though, that in the year 1978 teenage girls are still made fun of for everything they do, from the music they like, to even just the subjects they study in school. It makes me really sad, and the amount of times I told them to ignore any man who tells them what the can't do is ridiculous, I shouldn't need to, but I did. I get so protective over the girls who listen to my music when they tell me they get made fun of by men.

"Right ladies, I'm gonna have to head back inside but take care and thank you so much for coming down to see the show tonight, it means a lot to me." I smile at them. "Don't take shit from anyone."

"We're going to your show in Las Vegas." One of them exclaimed excitedly.

"Great, well I shall see you all in Las Vegas." I chuckled. "Do you guys have a way home or to wherever you're staying?"

"We're in the hotel round the corner." They told me.

"Okay, well get there safely and thanks for coming here tonight." I tell them. "You all look great, see you!"

I walked back in with a bounce in my step, smiling to myself. This is one of the moments I never thought I'd reach, walking into a concert hall where I just played to a whole group of people who wanted to listen to my music, as in, they fucking chose to spend money to come here. It baffles me.

My dad would be proud, this is all he ever wanted me to achieve and knowing that I'm doing it, makes me so happy. I wish he was here to experience it, I wish that more than anything but I know he wouldn't miss it for the world and I don't doubt he isn't watching over me from above. My guardian angel.

Just as I was about to walk down the empty floor which was previously filled by people, a hand grabbed my wrist before I could push the doors open, and pulled me into a different room that was dark and full of folded up chairs.

"Halle," I heard through a chuckle, and then the light dangling above my head turned on and Harry's face was revealed, he was laughing a little. "Sorry, that was erm...weird."

"Why...why are we in a cupboard?" I ask him, squinting my eyes to make sure that it is in fact Harry I've been dragged in here.

Harry Styles, world class rock star, in a cupboard full of hairs and a dim light. The same guy who in my first week of meeting him refused to walk five minutes to a hotel because he thought he was too cool for walking in public.