Chapter Twenty Eight

Halle Henry

The second my album dropped, we listened to it the whole way through as a massive group at the party, and seeing everybody interact with each song differently made me realise just how lucky I am to be in this position. After we listened to it, I found somewhere quiet to call home, and my dad answered saying he and Ellen were in tears.

I shed a tear or two when they told me how proud they were, and how they were having a party for two back home in London. I wish they were here, or I wish I was in London, but they want me to be here, and they're proud of me for getting to this point so I feel as though I need to keep pushing and keep making them proud.

After talking to my family, I headed back to join my friends and the party we're having to celebrate my album release. Somebody handed me a champagne as I stepped back into the room and one of my songs was playing in the background, over the murmurs and conversations of the people here.

Mick came rushing over, wrapping his arms around me and then sweeping me up off of my feet, cheering my name and saying he was proud of me. It meant the world to me, and he told me that everybody loves the record, so I couldn't help but smile like a little child.

I mingled with a few people, doing shots and having several drinks handed to me as I made my rounds of the place. I knew tonight wasn't going to be a sober one, I just didn't know I'd get this drunk by this time. It doesn't matter though, because tonight is about my music and it's time for me to celebrate the one thing I've worked for my whole life

Those conversations soon turned into just dancing with people I've barely exchanged words with, but I was having fun so I didn't care who I was with. I've never felt so happy and free in my life, with surges of self pride swimming through my veins like never before.

I've just released my debut record. I've fucking made it.

I spun round, letting the skirt of my dress spin dangerously high up my thighs but caring nonetheless, because I'm happy and it feels like this is everything I've ever wanted in life. I feel so free and I feel pretty. I don't feel pretty often and I'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within, but tonight I feel pretty.

When I spun round, It was Harry's face that took me to a halt. There's something so mysterious about him, something fascinating and enchanting. I get so captivated by him every time I look his way and tonight, he looks more handsome than ever. I walked over to him, taking my champagne with me seeing as Harry had a glass of god knows what in his hands.

"Hello Harry." I winked with a smile, perhaps gaining ten times more confidence with the amount of alcohol in my system.

"Hello Halle." He smirked. "Your record is fucking amazing, genuinely, I don't think I've heard anything like it. It's so different and every song is unique...Where've you been hiding all this time?"

"Always been right here." I wink, leaning against the wall next to him. "What's your favourite song?"

"God," He says, looking like he's deep in thought as he thinks about his answer. "Leave Me Alone, I like that one a lot."

I remember recording that one. I went running to the studio and called everyone there at 2AM after failing to fall asleep. I write songs instead of sleeping all the time, but with that song, I wrote the lyrics and the guitar, drums, melody, it all came to me and I knew I had to get that recorded as soon as possible. The recording at 2AM, from that night, is the one we used on the record and I just get flashbacks to that night each time I hear it.

"Thanks." I smiled, "where's your mum gone?"

"She is talking to a friend or something, I'm not sure." He shrugs, "Drink?"