Chapter Forth Eight

Halle Henry

There are only five hundred people here for Harry's secret session so he can play his new songs, and I don't even know which one of us is most excited. Harry got up earlier and hurried back to his own apartment and I jumped right in the shower, a whole two hours before we even had to leave.

Sam is somewhere at the back of the crowd, watching as part of the audience as Mick and I stand in the wings waiting for Harry tio invite me up to join him. He's playing through some songs from his new album, hence why I'm here. He's putting our cover of Dream On, on the album as Aerosmith allowed it.

"Hi, erm I'm Harry Styles, thanks for coming down to listen to me playing you songs you've hopefully never heard before." He spoke to the crowd, throwing his guitar over his shoulder. "I'd ask you to sing along, but erm...yeah."

The crowd laughed at him, and Mick shook his head, saying something about Harry's shit jokes which I laughed at. I'm glad his job is as a musician, because he'd sure as hell live one very different life if he was a comedian. I love it though, his shit jokes work, because it's Harry telling them.

"Anyway, this is Mitch, he plays the guitar when I do a shit job of it, this is Sarah, she plays drums, obviously, and this is Adam, he does the bass guitar." Harry says, pointing at them all. "The first one we'll play is called She and erm, I hope you like it."

Harry nods, looking back at Sarah, and before we knew it, Harry was standing in the centre, playing a slow, seductive guitar solo. The lights were low and Harry was fully focussed on the movement of his hands on his guitar. It's mesmerising, genuinely.

Then he opened his mouth, began to sing in such a low tone, still fully focussed on his guitar and not messing up. I don't think I've ever been so speechless over a performance in my life. It's art being made in front of me, potentially even history.

Then he looked to the side, eyes burning right into mine as the tune of the guitar changed. It felt like there was nobody else who existed in this venue, just Harry, and I had the privilege of watching him, as he stared over at me.

"She," He sings, voice sounding more mature than ever. "She lives in daydreams with me."

His eyes went back out to the audience, signing the rest of the chorus as everybody gave their full attention to him. Standing there silently to listen to the words that leave his mouth, staring in awe as he plays like he never has before.

"She's the first one that I see...and I don't know why, I don't know who she is"

The song was fukcing beautiful. It was so slow and so sexy and written so impeccably. That long guitar solo towards the end of the song was absolutely amazing, the tempo matched the song so well and it really does go to show how slow songs can sound so sexy rather than just sad.

I genuinely had to try to keep my jaw off of the floor. Mick and I were both baffled, he clearly found it just as hot as I did. When the song ended Harry smiled at the audience, and Mick and I both looked at each other with parted lips, eyebrows raised and completely amazed.

I'm glad we're both on the same page here, and I'm not completely astounded by him because of the thumping of my heart. That was such a different song for him, he doesn't usually do slow ones like that but holy fuck, he should. That was gorgeous.

"Wrote that one a while ago," Harry says, tuning his guitar which didn't even sound like it needed tuning. "Anyway, I'm just gonna get on with it, we're on a tight schedule due to our guest double booking herself."

Harry looked to the wings with a sarcastic smile, and Mick looked at me and laughed. Harry went to talk to Mick, looking at Sarah and Adam, speaking with just their eyes and a few nods as the crowd of five hundred cheered like there were thousands of them.