Chapter 20

January 2018

From the minute Amy and Jack got back from Ibiza it felt like everything had changed for the better in their relationship. Jack was so attentive and caring, and their sex life was even more incredible than before. They just couldn't keep their hands off each other.

Amy's family weren't happy though, they'd lost faith in Jack, and for so long as they tried to be supportive of their relationship, they were also keeping an eye on Jack's behaviour. Jack's family on the other hand were delighted that Amy was back in the family fold, she was such a calming influence on Jack and his football was never better than when she was watching, which she did at every available opportunity.

Jack did still like to party at times, but that was okay with Amy. They'd both decided that they needed to improve their balance between their relationship and friendships. She was spending more time with her new friends in the West Midlands and he was back in his friend group which Chris was vaguely still a part of, but Jack was making sure not to take any more relationship advice from him.

Whilst Jack worked hard at Villa, Amy had gone back to college and was getting ready to resit her mock exams alongside working in the admin offices at Villa Park. Jack had wanted to support her financially so she didn't have to work, but she liked having her own money: She'd already received an unconditional offer from Birmingham Uni, so her and Jack's original plan was back in action, after it had hit its speed bump.

Jack had been so supportive and had had surprised her by turning their spare room into a study for Amy. He had also made a deal with her that he wouldn't interrupt her when she was studying. It had lasted all of two weeks. She was currently trying to write an essay for her Spanish class and he was sat on the floor watching her.

'I've been thinking, you know when I sign this new contract, why don't we start looking at houses and sell the flat?' Jack suggested.

'I thought you loved this flat?' Asked Amy, trying to look up a word in her dictionary.

'I'm just thinking ahead, you know it might not that be far away that we need extra bedrooms'

'Why who's coming to stay?' she was confused, Jack was always making plans for them and forgetting to tell her.

'I'm talking about when we have little baby Amy and Jack's one day in the future, hopefully' he smiled.

'And what's making you think about that?' She put her pen down and studied him.

'I don't know, I mean I know you're at college and going to Uni next year, but never say never. Imagine with my looks and your brains how perfect they'd be' he smiled.

'But if they get your brains and my looks and they'd be screwed' she teased.

'You're the most beautiful girl in the world to me, so your looks or mine, they'll be gorgeous, but with my brains let's hope they're good at football' He asked, standing behind her and massaging her tense shoulders.

She giggled, 'Are we really having a grown up conversation about having children?' She asked.

'I believe we are' he leant over and kissed her. 'You know I love you don't you'

'I do'

'Good, because you're my whole world Amy. My past, my present and my future'

'Soppy bugger' she teased him.

'Aims, I'm being real. I honestly don't know what I'd ever do without you'

'You too. Now go away, this essay won't write itself' she shooed him away.