Chapter 39

'Sit down. Please' he said. It was almost as if he had no comprehension of how he was making her feel or what he'd done to her.

'Before I sit down, I need to hear you say it, tell me, who spiked my drink?' She demanded quietly enough so as not to get the attention from the people around them, but loud enough that he would know she meant business.

'It wasn't meant to hurt you like it did' he replied.

'I need to hear you say it'

'Yes, it was me' he said. 'And I'm so ashamed about it' he balled his hands up into fists.

'I don't understand why though, are you some kind of rapist? Is that why you did it?' She could feel her emotions bubbling up, she wanted to run, but she had to deal with this now.

'Please just sit down, people are looking' he said. She could see how scared he was to be talking to her, so despite her better judgement, she sat down.

'Do you want a drink?' He asked.

'From you? Are you insane?' She couldn't believe her ears, like she would ever take a drink from him again.

'I'm sorry, I didn't think' he was starting to sweat.

'So why did you do it to me? That's what I need to understand' that's what she wanted to know more than anything.

*****

'Can you not drive any fucking faster?' Jack shouted at Chilly.

'Mate, not all of us want to lose our license' he bit back.

'What if we don't get there in time though? Anything could be happening' Jack was starting to panic.

'There she is, look' shouted Laura, pointing to Amy, as Chilly pulled up in the Plaza.

Jack was relieved to see that she looked okay, but the police hadn't arrived yet. They'd told them that if Amy looked in control of the situation, then they shouldn't approach her, but it was hard when all three of them wanted to rip his head off.

'I don't know who that guy is that she's with' said Jack, looking out the car window.

'Oh my god.....I do' said Laura, covering her mouth.

'Well? Who is it' Said Jack impatiently

'That's Greg, Brad's best friend' she said in complete shock.

*****

Greg had always been fun, and such a good laugh when they'd been out, it just didn't make sense as to why he would spike her drink, but here he was in front of her confessing.

'Amy, I know when I tell you why, you won't believe it. I've thought about it over and over ever since and it doesn't even make sense to me. Just remember at the time how much we'd had to drink'

'Just tell me' said Amy angrily, beginning to lose patience.

'Okay, so Brad was gutted that you weren't interested in him and that you were back with Jack, but I really honestly thought you still liked Brad and that Jack was just because of the football and you liked the attention' Greg began to ramble.

'This isn't making sense' Amy shook her head in disbelief, she was almost convinced he was making it all up.

'So anyway, a woman spoke to me in BCM and asked me if I wanted some liquid Viagra stuff. She said it would make me super horny, or if I gave it to my girlfriend she wouldn't be able to resist me. So I thought if you had it, you might not be able to resist Brad'

Amy couldn't believe what she was hearing. This guy was crazy.

'It sounds so fucking stupid now, but I was so pissed up and I just didn't think right. I put it in your Coke when I was at the bar with Brad, he didn't know anything about it. I'm sorry'