Chapter 34

The next morning Amy picked up her phone to call Jack, but she hesitated as she looked at his name in her contacts list. The tiny picture of him still made her smile, but her head was swimming with her thoughts and there was no point in calling him when she was still so conflicted. She needed to talk to Laura first, seeing as she no longer believed Jack was evil personified.  Unbelievably, Laura had actually come round to him being back in Amy's life and was doing quite well with her balanced opinions about him. As always Amy knew that she could rely on Laura to tell her straight if she was being ridiculous or not, and Laura didn't disappoint.

'So, let me just get this clear, you're back together less than a week and you're already jealous because he's spoken to another girl? Let me just remind you of Brad hanging all over you online. Look, Jack made a very public promise to you and honestly, I believe him when he says you can trust him. Imagine how he's feeling, he knows you're here for ten days with a guy who he knows would be all over you like a rash given half a chance' she summarised after Amy had poured her heart out. It did kind of sound stupid the way she said it.

'I'm not jealous, exactly, I'm just worried he's going to find someone else, someone better than me. I mean the girl in the picture was hot' Amy groaned.

'Aims, you need to stop overthinking things, if you're going to analyse every picture or read into every little thing, then you really need to decide if this is a healthy relationship. You should both be in your little happy 'back together' bubble, but instead you're both freaking out about each other cheating' Laura stopped, she realised she'd said too much.

'What did you just say? We are both???? Laura, what do you know?'

'I was talking to Ben last night, and he said Jack was miserable seeing you with Brad all the time, that's all' Laura admitted, and whilst Amy was excited that Chilly and Laura were talking, why couldn't Jack have just told her that?

'So why didn't he tell me that? I tried to call him last night and he didn't answer' Any was annoyed now.

'Don't go mad, but the boys hid his phone because he was constantly refreshing your instagram. Aims, he is freaking out as much as you are. So will you please just talk to him instead of me, because you can't complain he's not taking to you if you're not talking to him either. Honestly, you two!' She sighed.

Now Amy felt awful, Laura was right, they really did have to talk more.

Now her brain was in gear she called Jack, hoping the boys had given him his phone back. He must have been bad for them to take it away, she felt like crap for making him feel that way, but at the same time she knew it was because he'd cheated all those years ago. It was going to be down to her to work out if she would be able to live with that if she wanted to be with Jack.

She was immediately happy to hear his voice as he answered her call.

'I'm just in bed, want to FaceTime?' Jack asked

Amy pressed the button, this was better face to face, and Jack in bed was always adorable.

'You look rough' she laughed. His eyes looked barely open and his hair was a mess.

'So do you, you know there's such a thing as eye make up remover, don't you. Panda eyes' he laughed, remembering how she'd hated being called that.

'You're lucky you're not here' she showed him her fist playfully. 'But the reason I called isn't to be insulted about my appearance by someone who looks as if he'd been dragged through a hedge' she said sticking out her tongue. 'I called because I miss you and because I've been an idiot worrying about you with other girls'

'Aims, I wish I was there with you so much. You're not the only one worrying, my head's been all over the place thinking Brads going to try something. Every time I see you, he's there in the background, it's like he's tormenting me on purpose' Jack had really learned how to open up. Before he would have just told her that he was fine and let it fester, but this was a new beginning and they had to lay their cards out on the table.