Chapter 40

'I can't believe we have to go home in the morning' sighed Amy. After all the drama the days before, she'd actually been able to get a proper nights sleep, and now they were having to head back to England.

Jack was still next to her scrolling through his phone. 'Tell me about it, I'm just looking at all the stuff I've got to do this week, talk about back to reality with a bump. First off, I've got pre-season with Villa and obviously big chats to have with City' he sighed. She could tell the toll the decision was taking on him.

'And you're 100% you want to go? Because money isn't everything' she was worried he was been led by the financial side of the transfer.

'The way I see it, Villa have the option of me or £100m. They've literally made me the player I am today and you know I'll always be a Villa man, but I honestly believe £100m could do so much more for the club than me staying there ever could. It's going to break me giving that captains arm band up, but it's about building a future for Villa, as well as us now'

'Building a future, I like it' she smiled.

'Yeah, and talking about the future, City have estate agents shortlisting properties for us. They wanted to know how many bedrooms we want. I reckoned 6, what do you think?' He asked as if a 6 bedroom house was just standard.

'That's that 5 a side team playing on your mind again' she laughed nervously. Six bedrooms just seemed so many, never mind giving birth to 5 children to fill the rooms.

'We may as well plan ahead, and it means our family and friends can come and stay whenever. I was also thinking you might need a study to finish your uni work' he was hinting at what he thought she should do next.

'I haven't decided what I'm doing yet, you know that' she hit him playfully. She knew he wanted her to go back, she just didn't know how she felt about it yet. Esmé had called and Amy was due in for a meeting with her the day after they got back to talk about everything that had happened and the impact it had on her work.

'We've talked so much about my plans, and I know what you said about living together part time, but what else are you thinking?' He asked. They'd been so focused on his future that he realised she was putting off her own decisions.

'I guess the options are still the same, stay in London and work full time or go back to Uni and work around that. I don't know though' like Jack, her decisions didn't feel easy.

'There is a third option you know. You could just come to Manchester with me right away and study there. I read that you can transfer your credits from one Uni to another' Jack was always surprising her with his random knowledge.

'You read?' She laughed.

'I mean it's a step up from shoot magazine, but yeah I searched it up on Google. But if you come to Manchester there's tv studios and everything and you know, my pants aren't going to pick themselves up off the floor' he joked

'I've got this image in my head now of your bathroom with 2 years worth of dirty pants on the floor. It's not a pretty one' she joked.

'Very funny' he began tickling her. 'But I pay someone to pick them up now'

'Very flash' she rolled her eyeballs. 'But anyway, back to you. You'd better tell my Dad you're leaving Villa before we go back. It might mean that he says that I have to dump you though, so brace yourself' she joked around.