Chapter 35

Jack and the boys were already tipsy when headed to their favourite bar in Mykonos, and when they walked in Jack had to laugh. Since it was a popular place for British tourists, they were showing Amy's foam party on tv.

'That's my girlfriend' he told the barman, pointing proudly at the screen, as the camera showed Amy on stage in her short sparkly silver dress. It reminded him slightly of a disco ball, but she looked beautiful nonetheless. Seeing her like that made him feel so proud.

'She is very lovely' said the barman.

'She's beyond lovely' said Jack, feeling slightly overwhelmed. Now he understood first hand why Amy had got such a buzz from watching his games for all those years. Seeing someone you love doing so well was an amazing feeling. She clearly was talented presenting, and now he was starting to see that maybe her plans of staying in London and pursuing it were going to be a good idea. No matter what happened, they'd work around it somehow, he was convinced.

'Jack, you need to watch this TikTok' laughed Mason. 'It's called when Robbo reckons he's pulled Grealish's bird. It's so funny'

Jack opened the link from Mason. It was 2 guys in England shirts, clearly at BCM, he could see Amy in the background. One of the guys could barely stop laughing and the other was staring at his phone in disbelief.
'So me and my mate Robbo met Grealish's Mrs in the club and he kept pestering her asking for her number, and eventually she said yes and put it in his phone. Robbo's all excited and look what she's put in'

Robbo held up his phone and it said 'taxi for one' and a local cab firms number was underneath.

Behind him, Amy gave a thumbs up to the camera.

'Tell you what Super Jack, your Mrs has some sense of humour. Up the Villa'

There was just more proof Amy was more than capable of handling herself, he just had to stop worrying.

'Right lads, let's be having a big one tonight' said Jack, feeling more confident. More of the England boys were in Mykonos and they were going to party like the Euro winners they were.

*****

Over in Majorca the foam party was in full swing. The place was absolutely packed, after a year and a half of Covid restrictions it felt so good just to be letting her hair down in a nightclub again, and the hundreds of revellers there clearly agreed

Amy's job for the night was so easy that she couldn't believe she was actually getting paid for it. Basically she had to welcome everyone, do a couple of announcements to camera over the PA, then like the other islanders meet some of the fans and that was it. She felt like an absolute VIP in the cordoned off area, but as they announced it was 5 minutes until the foam, they all made their way down to the main dance floor to join in. The DJ began to play Snoop Dogg 'Wet' to let everyone know it was nearly time.

'Are we all ready to get weeeeeeeeeet?' She shouted into the microphone excitedly. 'Let's countdown....3...2...1... foam!' They all shouted.

That was the last part of the party that Jack saw on the TV before they left for the club in Mykonos. He smiled as he saw what a good time she was clearly having. She'd be back in his arms soon enough.

'That's my girlfriend' he told Kyle and his fiancée Annie for no particular reason. The amount he'd already had to drink meant that he was repeating himself.

'You've mentioned that several times now mate' Kyle laughed.

'I know, but I'm just so proud of her'