Chapter 29

Tuesday 13th July
(Bit of a long one)

Amy woke early after a restless sleep and headed to the hotel gym. It was always a good place to clear her head, and boy did it need emptied, but the thoughts of Jack and the night before were just not shifting. Laura hadn't come back to the hotel the night before, so she couldn't talk to her, and anyway she would lose her mind if she knew Amy had slept with Jack. Even more so if she knew how Jack had walked out and left her alone like that. What an asshole, it was no wonder that she'd held back on him.

She turned up the pace on the treadmill, and the volume of the music pumping from her AirPods. One way or another she was going to get away from all the bullshit that was going on in her life. She was so far in the zone, that at 9am when her phone rang, it just about gave her a heart attack. Caller ID told her that it was her management company, what now?

'Hello?' She answered, almost out of breath.

'Hi, it's Esmé from MR2 here, we were just wondering if you could come in for a chat, say around 11?'

'Yeah, that would be fine' replied Amy. She couldn't fathom out Esmé's tone at all. Normally if she'd got a job they'd call her to let her know and then send the details by email. They'd never asked her in for a chat before, so what did it mean? Were they dropping her? Was this the end of her adventure?

Back up in the room Laura was still missing, but Amy didn't have time to worry about that right then. It was just a chat, she reminded herself as she chose her outfit. It didn't need to be too fancy. She chose her ripped light bleach denim jeans, a cropped white tee that showed off her tan perfectly, and a pair of mint green Adidas Ozweego trainers. It was so warm outside that she wouldn't need a jacket.

She was stopped at least 5 times on her way to the underground by people who recognised her. It was still a strange feeling for strangers to know so much about her, and want a picture with her.

On the tube, a man recognised her, despite her face mask.

'Your that bird off the telly aren't you?' He asked loudly.

'Yeah' she blushed noticing people looking at her.

'You should be ashamed of yourself, the way you led that poor guy on. He didn't deserve it' It was embarrassing in front of everyone.

'I know' she sighed.

'Good, well as they say, know better, do better'

Thankfully the train was now pulling into her station, she was starting to get claustrophobic, but it was the strangest of things, his words really had really sank in. He was right she really did have to do better.

The management office was like something from a tv show itself, all pristine white, glass and chrome. She was shown through to an empty conference room immediately as she arrived. This was nerve wracking.

Ten minutes later Esmé and two others, who introduced themselves as Peter and Louise, arrived. What was really going on?

'Thanks for coming in at short notice' said Esmé with a slight smile, tapping away on the iPad she had in-front of her.

'First off, here are a couple of the proofs from the photoshoot yesterday' she said as they flashed up on the projector screen on the wall. Amy felt her face redden slightly as she saw herself in her underwear on the big screen, but as the slide show went on, she began to relax and accept that she did look good.

'Love Honey are absolutely delighted with them, so they'll be going live on the website tomorrow instead of next week. They've already started putting out some sneak peek images via social media as of this morning'