Chapter 41

**Breaking News- Jack Grealish has arrived in Manchester for medical ahead of signing for Man City**

Twitter was filled with so much speculation about what was going on with Jack. People had even gone so far as to track their private flight to Manchester online, which Amy found a little strange.

'Stop looking at it' Jack scolded her playfully. They were in the back of the car from the airport to the hotel where they'd spend the night before his medical, and Jack's nerves were building.

'It's just insane, I've never seen so many pictures of you in one news feed, look' she scrolled up and it was picture after picture of him.

'Yeah, I have. You should see some of the Grealish fan accounts. Now that's a lot of photos of me' he laughed. 'They pick the good ones though, not the goofy ones you always like'

Amy looked at him and rolled her eyes playfully.
'I like the ones that remind me of the Jack I know, not the one that people think they know' she corrected him.

'Seriously though Aims, I wish you'd put your phone down. Then you can look at my face in person, and tell me how much you love it' he smirked. She knew he was putting up a confident front, but she decided to indulge him. She put her hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes.

'I love it, and you, to the moon and back' she reassured him. Then kissed him gently.

'I'm glad to hear it' he said, burying his head into her neck, where he stayed for the rest of the journey, until they arrived outside the hotel. The street outside was packed with photographers and fans in City strips. The hotel had even put out barriers and employed security guards to keep them back. When the car pulled up they all began to jostle with each other, and they both could hear their names being called before the doors had even opened.

'Seriously, how do they know our plans before we do?' Jack sighed. 'I swear they've got me on find my iPhone'

'They know we're here, let's just hold hands, be polite, smile sweetly and we'll get through this together, okay?' She squeezed his hand.

He nodded. She was always able to put things into perspective for him.

'Aims, you're literally my person in the world' he said just before he opened the car door. Those words meant so much to her, and she knew by the firm grip he had on her hand that he'd meant it.

*****

Jack had tossed and turned nervously all night ahead of his medical, but he was up and ready to go early. Whilst he was away doing that, Amy was planning on going shopping to distract herself from everything. Her bank balance was looking pretty healthy thanks to the work she'd been doing and she'd decided to treat herself, but Jack shook his head.
'Take my card. Buy whatever you want. I'm serious'

She tried to argue, but gave up when he reminded her of how much his new weekly salary was going to be and this was going to be their lives from now on. It was a strange concept to get her head around, especially considering she was planning on returning to her basic student flat in just 5 weeks time. After Love Island and now everyone at Uni knowing she was Jack's girlfriend, she wondered how that would go.

Shopping with no limit was fun, and Amy did treat herself but it felt so surreal; going from high street fashions to a spree that included a Louis Vuitton bag, Gucci shoes, a dress from Versace and lots more. She just wished that her friends were there to shop with her. It wasn't as much fun on her own, especially when she frequently had people pointing at her, or trying to sneakily take pictures of her through the clothing rails. Almost as if Laura had read her mind, she text Amy.