Chapter 43

When Amy's Mum and Dad split, they'd sold the house and bought separate properties. Amy remembered all the packing and hassle of the move and was ready for it, but the move to her house with Jack went unbelievably smoothly. Which was a relief seeing as Amy had been in charge of the movers whilst Jack went to training. Not that she was going to tell him, but all she'd done was sat around drinking tea and eating biscuits with Keira who'd come to see the new house for herself.

'How many boxes of shoes does my brother have?' Keira asked as yet another huge box went past her.

'A lot more than me that's for sure. To be fair though, I'm not moving most of my stuff in yet, with Uni and stuff it doesn't make sense to do it ' Amy explained.

Keira gave her a look.

'I thought you'd agreed that you were moving in here weekends and holidays though?' she questioned Amy.

'Yeah. I'll be here as much as I can, and by the rate Jack keeps insisting on buying me stuff, I won't really need to move anything anyway' she laughed, hoping Keira would stop the interrogation.

'Nah, you can't lie to me. You're scared to move in properly. You and Jack are so good, what's holding you back?' She pushed.

'It sounds so stupid, but I know that if I move my stuff in properly that I wont want to go back to Scotland, and that's what I really want to do. It's like 9 months away not including holidays, it's literally nothing compared to the rest of our lives so I just need to keep focused. It's going to be hard enough leaving him again as it is'

'Doesn't sound stupid at all, in fact it sounds so romantic. I'm telling you, you're made for each other'

'I know, but I also know how much can change in 9 months too. What if Jack meets someone else whilst I'm in Scotland?' Amy sighed.

'Ahhh, there we have it. There's the real story' Keira knew it.

'And what if you meet someone in Scotland?' Asked Keira.

'But I won't, I love Jack' Amy couldn't believe Keira even suggested that.

'And he feels the same. Look, put the past behind you. You two have a bright future together' Keira rubbed Amy's arm.

'Hello ladies' shouted Jack as he walked in the front door. 'Aims I got your magazines'

'Jack! Sliders off! The new carpet' scolded Amy, as he walked into the living room, and dropped the magazines in front of them. Today was the day that her first article was published and she was super nervous. Other than the editor of the magazine, no one had seen it until today. There it was in print with a photo of her next to it.

*****
'A glass of OJ is not a positive pregnancy test'
By Amy Shaw

This week a picture was published of my partner Jack and I toasting his new contract, him with champagne, and me with orange juice. From the moment that the picture appeared online I received messages of congratulations from so many friends and family members, but I'm not pregnant. I never have been. I am someone who has had a problem with drinking too much alcohol, and damaged my liver as a result, which means I'm now teetotal.

The assumptions however did make me wonder how I would have felt if we were trying for a baby, or perhaps had fertility issues, with all the messages of congratulations that we received. All based upon an innocent glass of orange juice.

I also began to question why people thought my orange juice meant that I couldn't celebrate Jack's moment properly. I enjoyed that moment far more with an orange juice, than I ever would have champagne.
*****