Bonus chapter

Authors note: since you asked, here's a bonus chapter, but definitely the last for this book. See you soon!

October 2022

'Jack, can you set the table before everyone gets here please' Amy called from the kitchen, in between banging about some pots and pans.

'What way round does it go again?' He replied.

'Fork, then spoon at the top, then knife' she reminded him, he never remembered.

'I don't understand why they call it a knife and fork then. Why not a fork and knife if that's how it goes' he shook his head and wandered off. She had to laugh. Some of the stuff Jack came out with was comedy gold, and the best part was, he didn't even realise.

Today, their families were coming round for Amy's famous roast dinner, and they wanted it to be special. Their first proper family meal in their new home.

'Can I do anything else to help?' Jack asked reappearing in the kitchen.

'Give me a kiss maybe?' She smiled at him.

He put his hands around her waist and pulled her in close, 'I could give you more than a kiss' he whispered.

'And I could burn the Yorkshire puddings! So you'll need to save that thought til later' she laughed.

He rolled his eyes playfully. 'Such a tease, I mean look at you in that sexy little apron' he laughed.

'My Gran's wedding present covered in flowers, you mean? Yeah it's a definite turn on' she rolled her eyes.

Jack's phone buzzed and he managed to pull himself away from her.

'That's Mum, Dad and Hollie here, I'll let them in' Jack said excitedly.

Chilly and Laura were next to arrive, soon followed by Kevan, Keira, Andy and Lorna..

'That smells unreal' said Chilly as he walked in.

'Dinners ready, have a seat and Jack come and help me please' Amy shouted.

'What a good wee husband' laughed Laura, sending Chilly to help Jack carry the plates.

'Seriously, Amy made this all herself?' Asked Karen as Jack laid hers in front of her.

'She makes the best roast I've ever had, apart from yours obviously Mum' said Jack with a smirk on his face.

'Aims, do you want a glass of red?' Laura shouted to Amy who was just finishing in the kitchen.

'No, she can't' said Jack, as Amy came and sat beside him.

'Is it your liver thing again? What's the doctor saying?' Asked Lorna, sounding concerned.

Jack looked at Amy and smiled, 'no, she's pregnant. We're having a baby'

'We're going to be aunties!' squealed Laura to Keira and Hollie.

'And we're going to be Grannies' Lorna said to Karen excitedly.

'So, tell us everything then' asked Keira. Jack was so excited about telling them all that he didn't even let Amy get a word in.

'She's 13 weeks today, baby is due the start of March, we had our first scan yesterday and everything is fine, look I've got the photos on my phone' Jack showed everyone the pictures

'So basically, what Jack's saying here is that we're over the moon' laughed Amy after he finally took a breath from pointing out the babies hands and feet to everyone.