Chapter Four: Bad Ideas

;)

Heads up: This story is New Adult fiction maturity-wise, just like Omertà and Borgata.

Please vote & leave feedback on each chapter of this story if you want more! Thank you!!! <3

Sunday night, two nights after putting a gun to Lucius La Notte's face, I found myself scrambling to study for my exam on Monday. Only two more weeks of classes and I'd be off for Thanksgiving break, and even though I had two winter courses set up shortly after Christmas, I was excited to finally have off and have a little bit of a normal life.

If normal was even possible with my life right now.

My friends were leaving Bora Bora in a few days, and I actually was dreading seeing them as the reality of this arranged marriage was becoming more apparent. All of them kept sending me snap chats and texts. Bianca could definitely tell something was up since I didn't text her back since the night Lucius ruined my life. But luckily she her new French man to distract her because I had no idea where to even begin with describing my current situation to her.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw a name pop up on my Mac.

Lucifer: You up?

I'd made a point of turning my phone off to study, but he must have had iMessage. I really should have just blocked him the moment he put my number purposely into my phone, but instead, for whatever reason, I'd decided to label his number "Lucifer." 

Laughing at his typical fuckboy text, I exited from messaging on my dock.

That man had some nerve.

I still couldn't believe this was happening to me. I wish I could have just run away and find a job and start my own life, but I couldn't just leave Mia and Gemma behind. And as furious and hurt as I was at my father, I still loved him very much. I couldn't just leave my whole family behind. As stubborn as I was to admit it, a part of me was also starting to believe Lucius had been right. No matter where I went, and no matter how far the distance, my father's business might follow me.

Right now, on the inside, I was relatively safe. Out there on my own, I wasn't so sure.

After reading another page from my textbook and feeling like I could hardly focus with my depressing thoughts, my eyes skirted to the clock. I typed in "messages" on search and opened back up my messages.

Lucifer: I know you're reading this. Your read receipts are on.

I cursed at myself, realizing I must have accidentally clicked it for his contact on my phone. Reaching for my phone in the drawer of my desk, I turned it on to make sure that setting was off. And I'd block him, too. I went to his contact to block him, when my phone buzzed in my hand.

Lucifer: I hope for your sake you didn't block me, Korinna.

The ambiguous threat didn't land, but I decided at the last second to answer.

Me: Please stop texting me. I'm busy.

His text bubble moved.

Lucifer: There she is. Can't take a ten-minute break? How was your day?

"How was my day?" I repeated the question out loud. "Like you care how my freaking day has been, you manipulating stronzo."

Me: *thumbs up emoji*