Chapter Twelve: Cocca di Papa

MWAHAHAHAHA TIS' A QUICKER UPDATE, MY KISSES.

Kisses is the fandom name. THE KISSES. What do you think?!??! Feel free to drop ideas!

DO ENJOY... AND PLEASE SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE BY VOTING, CLAIMING EVERY LINE WITH A COMMENT, AND SHARING WITH ALL YOUR ITALIAN-LOVING FRIENDS.... ;) <3 

Lucius had three hours before he had to head into the city overnight for a meeting Monday morning, so he agreed to meet me at a diner about halfway between us.

I raced upstairs to apply some light makeup and mascara to conceal any puffiness from the night before and threw on a sweater, dark skinny jeans, and boots with a spray of perfume before leaving the house.

As soon as I got into my driver's car, I recognized just how nervous I was. It felt like a thousand butterflies were fighting in my stomach, and my hands felt a little shaky as I rubbed them against my jeans for warmth. I had a feeling this nervousness wasn't just from fear of being alone with Lucius La Notte again.

I imagined Lucius taken full advantage of the speed of his sports car, because when my driver pulled up to the parking lot, Lucius' Bugatti was already parked.

I tried to ignore how hard my heart raced as I jumped out of the car and headed toward Lucius. He was leaning against the trunk of his car with his one leg crossed out of the other like something out of a magazine. He wore his long wool jacket with the collar up and dark grey gloves. His black hair had that wet product in it again, but this time his hair was styled in a way that it was combed neatly out of his face. The hairstyle probably would have made him look more youthful, had he not had that dark facial hair across his lower face.

"I'm surprised you even showed up," I said, stopping a few feet in front of him with my hands in my sweatshirt. "For all you knew, I was trying to get you alone to take you out."

Lucius laughed in a low, confident way, like that was the last thing he was afraid of. "I figured since you pinged me a public restaurant you wouldn't try and drag me into a dirty alleyway and take advantage of my good veins."

I scoffed out a laugh. "Ugh. I should have known you'd make a big deal out of that text. Rest assured; your veins are safe with me."

"That's what all the vampires say." Lucius pushed off his car and made purposely move past me so that we almost touched, my head turning upward to meet his gaze. Good lord, he looked so good. He held the door open into the diner, inclining his head for me to get inside.

While we waited briefly for someone to seat us, Lucius bent down to my ear. "You look pretty."

I held back an eye roll. What a line. I'd looked like a train hit me this morning, and there was no way the minimal amount of makeup I'd put on could hide it. "Thanks, but I'm never drinking again."

We were seated at a far corner booth away from everybody else. I fiddled with my hands as Lucius calmly picked up his menu. "I'm surprised I'm still alive. Thought you'd try and get back at me after last night." Give him so ideas, why don't you?

"Nah," he said. "My night ended up turning around."

"Ooooh, interesting?" I teased him. "You take the girls back to your place?"

"No, never my place." His unfortunately beautiful hazel eyes scanned over the different options, and I looked down at my own menu to hide my little burst of jealousy. I knew he didn't take those girls home or anywhere else for that matter, but the fact that he was lying so easily put into question everything else that came out of his mouth.