Chapter Thirty-One: Keeping Safe

CIAO!  YEAH, I'M BACK. BITCHES.

WHAT'S EVERYONE'S FAVORITE ITALIAN FOOD?????

Don't forget to vote, share, and leave lots of feedback if you love me!!! It helps spread word of my writing! ;)

            Lucius left the room to bring my clothes from the day before, the outfit I'd worn at my college before I'd changed to see Marcos. I slipped everything on in the bathroom. My curls were in disarray, my lips were puffy, and my cheeks were flushed, clearly indicating I'd just deep throated La Mano del Diavalo's dick.

Perfect. Wonderful. Fantastic.

I tried to wash any memory of it away and cool myself off by splashing water on my face. Then I applied a quick concealer job to my cheek, before adjusting my hair in a high ponytail. I told myself to play this cool. Act like it wasn't a big deal. And if he asked, it was never, ever happening again.

Lucius was sitting on the bed with a pair of slacks already on, his thick hair styled neatly away from his face. I hated how effortlessly good he looked. He looked up at me with a passive expression, his eyes scanning briefly over on my body before he stood up and walked to the vanity. Great. Now it's awkward.

"What happened to my red dress?" I asked.

"Trashed it." He had his back to me as he strode to his dresser to put on his watch, and I could feel my breath lodging in my throat. He was still shirtless, and the expanse of the ink from the back of his neck all the way to his lower back had words hidden within intricate designs.

ANGELO – DIAVOLO. And on the base of the back of his neck, F.LLI.

Angel – Devil. But what was that last one?

I reeled over it all.

F.LLI.

"Is that an abbreviation for­­­­ fratelli?" I asked him. "Brothers?" In close inspection, he had another tattoo a bit higher above it, hidden underneath the bottom of his hair. But his hair was long enough to cover it. "What's this one say? Frai––?"

"We should get going." Lucius pulled a dark tank top over his head. He slid a dress shirt on and strode past me without even looking at me, tucking his dress shirt into his slacks.

"What the hell was that?"

"I've really got to go. This weather screwed up my flights." He buttoned his shirt too fast, skipping over one. "Motherfucker," he muttered, aggressively pulling the button out to restart.

"Calm down, angry man." I grabbed the lapels of his shirt and started buttoning his shirt for him, despite his resistance for me doing so. "No need to rip the shirt to shreds."

Lucius remained still and quiet as I buttoned his shirt. When I reached for his tie, he tried to get to it first, and made a small, aggravated sigh as snatched it first. But he was once again compliant as I looped it around his neck.

"I used to do this all the time for my dad when I was a kid," I said, smiling at the memory. "He'd always wear the knotted tie I did, no matter how it looked. One time it was so bad, there were like three knots in it. I did it on purpose just to see if he would wear it all day."

Lucius' eyes were like two green elixirs absorbing every inch of my face, and it made my heart hammer. "There's something I should tell you."

I felt a little bit of a fluttery sensation in my chest. "Okay."

Lucius' eyes averted from mine again, and he nodded a few times, before bowing his head a little. The words couldn't come out, like he was ashamed of something, and that fluttery sensation turned into a steady churn of dread.