Chapter Forty: Walking on Ice

WHO'S READY FOR SOME LUCIUS LA RIZZ?????????????

*dancing on a table wearing her pajamas with dark circles under her eyes from writing all day*

DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT YA GIRL AND VOTE AND LEAVE LOTS OF FEEDBACK!! XXXXXXXOOOOXOXOXOXOO

After my call with Papa, I slipped into the shower and started getting ready for the dinner to keep my mind off of Lucius.

But it was nearly impossible–I could feel him everywhere, all over my body, as if he were still in the room, and our heated moment was impossible to push aside. I'd only ever been with Marcos and he'd never eaten me out like Lucius had. And his filthy mouth...

I put on my thigh-high nude stockings with another soft bralette and did my makeup in the mirror over the dresser in the bedroom. I wore a drape satin champagne cocktail dress. It was the color of champagne and silky to the touch. It draped elegantly over my cleavage and hugged my figure perfectly at the waist, hips, and legs, falling to a conservative length right above my knees.

My hands started to shake as I tried to clasp on the little gold K necklace Mia had picked out with Gemma. A knock at the door interrupted my attempt. My pulse picked up as I set it the necklace down to unlock the bedroom door.

Lucius was leaning a hand on the doorframe. He wore a black and white tuxedo that made him look dangerously good His dark brown hair was styled away from his face, the neatest I'd ever seen it, and his beard was in perfect order and trimmed. I felt a little breathless at the sight of him in this suit. I also felt a little awkward because of how I'd kicked him out before. I thought maybe I should apologize, when he walked past me into the room without a word.

"We're going to head over in fifteen," Lucius said, appearing pre-occupied as he bent down to his duffel and unzipped. "There's black ice on the driveway..."

He took a cologne bottle of out his bag and sprayed his strong corded neck. Not that I was looking at his neck muscles. Did necks even have muscles? Shit. I fought the urge to inhale it as he brushed past me to fix his tie in the vanity mirror.

"You bring any sneakers?" he asked.

"What?"

"To walk on the ice." Lucius frowned over his shoulder at me, and I realized he must have been explaining that to me when I zoned out. "I scattered some salt on the driveway, but you'll go down fast in those heels."

Lucius looked down at my dress, taking his sweet time. He said nothing. Neither did I, and I couldn't keep my eyes off him, either.

"Feeling better?" he wondered.

"Yes," I whispered, capping my lip-gloss.

He didn't say anything for a few moments, and I pretended to scroll on my phone to avoid conversation.

"Did you get that psych grade back yet?"

I hated when he asked me questions about college. It almost felt like I was talking to a friend. Someone who actually cared. "Nope. At this point, I'm hoping for a B and expecting a C."

"I meant what I said, you know."

I turned toward him and crossed my arms. "About killing the professor if he gives me a bad grade?"

"No," he said with a serious expression, sliding his hands into his pockets as he strode closer. "About helping you study."

"And how do I know you were an A student?"